website statistics

Football 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gulf Cup final is set as :IRQ def. :QAT 2-1 and :OMA def. :BRN 1-0 to advance.

:IRQ has not taken home the trophy since 1988. They were eliminated in the semifinals in the previous edition.

:OMA last won the tournament in 2018. Oman did not make it through the group stage in 2019.

4 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

The Gulf Cup final is set as :IRQ def. :QAT 2-1 and :OMA def. :BRN 1-0 to advance.

:IRQ has not taken home the trophy since 1988. They were eliminated in the semifinals in the previous edition.

:OMA last won the tournament in 2018. Oman did not make it through the group stage in 2019.

I thought I'm the only one following this tournament,  but thx god I'm not lonely :d BTW this the worst ever edition of Gulf cup I've ever watched, maybe the Yemeni edition was worse,  but technically all teams are poor, the less post team wins, KSA participating with a mixed read of youth and junior and Qatar sending a team with the substitutes of WC and some young players affected the tournament , I guess it was a predicted final at the end of the day,  also the atmosphere of Iraqi fans are the best part of this tournament sadly more than 6 died to a traffic accident before Iraq's match yesterday 

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

I thought I'm the only one following this tournament,  but thx god I'm not lonely :d BTW this the worst ever edition of Gulf cup I've ever watched, maybe the Yemeni edition was worse,  but technically all teams are poor, the less post team wins, KSA participating with a mixed read of youth and junior and Qatar sending a team with the substitutes of WC and some young players affected the tournament , I guess it was a predicted final at the end of the day,  also the atmosphere of Iraqi fans are the best part of this tournament sadly more than 6 died to a traffic accident before Iraq's match yesterday 

As this is the first time I have ever followed the Gulf Cup it also the best I have seen.

Quarterfinal matchups at the OFC U-17 Championship:

:FIJ vs :COK (21 Jan, h. 16:00 UTC+12)

:NZL vs :TGA (21 Jan, h. 19:00 UTC+12)

:THT vs :SAM (22 Jan, h. 16:00 UTC+12)

:NCL vs :VAN (22 Jan, h. 19:00 UTC+12)

The two finalists qualify for the U-17 World Cup.

Edited by owenp_23

No photo description available.

May be an image of one or more people, people standing, outdoors and crowd

i don't think FIFA will have the courage to return Matches to Iraq after what happened in Gulf Cup , 1st Organizational problems and some fights in VIP section in opening match , then stampede before final match before the start f the game of 7 hours 1 person died and tens injured and even there's some talks that the final will not take place and it'll be moved to neutral country 

16 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

May be an image of 6 people and text

Sport Tv the biggest sport channel in Portugal has bought the rights of Saudi League ofc you know why :d

For Ettifaq vs Al-Fateh of course, obviously :p 

PS: Those top two on the left, is that their trademark 'goal celebration' that their PR agency came up with like with all those 'stars' nowadays? :p Nowadays you always know a goal is not very important when the player does their PR-thingy afterwards, whereas the actually important goals are celebrated with real emotion and cheering and running and jumping :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!