website statistics

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Fans of 50km Race Walking with Slovak language commentary are in for a treat this weekend.

Sadly there no more 50km races, only the name remains as Dudinská fifty. But the races will be 35km for both M & W

However the start list are pretty well packed as such prestigious event like the Dudince race deserve https://statistika.atletika.sk/prihlasky/zoznam-prihlasok/65194

PS: : the weather forecast for tomorrow predict strong rain and cold, gonna be fun

Edited by hckošice

12 hours ago, hckošice said:

Sadly there no more 50km races, only the name remains as Dudinská fifty. But the races will be 35km for both M & W

However the start list are pretty well packed as such prestigious event like the Dudince race deserve https://statistika.atletika.sk/prihlasky/zoznam-prihlasok/65194

PS: : the weather forecast for tomorrow predict strong rain and cold, gonna be fun

Oh damn, I was all excited for a 50k today, but even the Dudinska has been killed off thanks to World Athletics' nonsense? :yikes::( 

Well, I guess I'll still turn it on for a bit anyway, strong rain and cold is after all perfect weather for (watching) a race like this, and the start list does indeed look excellent :d  

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2:37.44 world record for Kimberley Garcia Leon. Local commentator seemed a little enthousiastic, announcing the record when she hadn't crossed the line yet, she only had one second left to break it :d 

But Leon having the WR in Dudinska sounds a hell of a lot better than Nikiforova setting it in Chelyabinsk, considering the reputation of Russian race walking :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

If pace id maintained I think Mexico might get up to 4 quotas for Paris today :thumbup:

In the end, only Alegna González got the quota :MEX for Paris.

Hope next major competition sees more athetes qualified. Just 3 this time, a guy from :COL & :SWE Karlstrom in the men’s side.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

2:37.44 world record for Kimberley Garcia Leon. Local commentator seemed a little enthousiastic, announcing the record when she hadn't crossed the line yet, she only had one second left to break it :d 

But Leon having the WR in Dudinska sounds a hell of a lot better than Nikiforova setting it in Chelyabinsk, considering the reputation of Russian race walking :p 

Was the 6th Athletics World Record achieved on Slovak territory and first ever since the independence. The last one was Sergei Bubka in Bratislava 1988

Edited by hckošice

15 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Was the 6th Athletics World Record achieved on Slovak territory and first ever since the independence. The last one was Sergei Bubka in Bratislava 1988

Ah yes, that ferocious :SVK grammatical rule which refuses to accept that any non-Slovak woman has the right to her own name. :evil:

On 3/24/2023 at 12:31 PM, Monzanator said:

In hindsight I think this is a big win for Russia. Lifting that state-sponsored doping ban would always be the more difficult task and could have been extended indefinitely. Now it's gone and people don't notice it since the war is more important. After the war ends you will be Russians reinstated into competition and many people will wonder what happened with the doping ban.

I am certainly not a fan of Russia, but doping-wise the only thing you can really blame them for is that they were too stupid to cover it up properly. Everyone always knew that Russia wouldn’t change, so I guess the plan was to wait with letting them back in until the public had forgotten about their Doping Problem. What I don’t quite understand is why the western countries can’t use their (political) influence to kick Russia out completely. This would make it much easier for western countries to win more medals. I guess either the western countries have other interests or Russia just has more power over the IOC.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.