website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

57 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Miami 1000 has started today; :UKR Marta Kostyuk beat :ITA Elisabetta Cocciaretto in R1 so we have the high drama R2 match vs Anastasia Potapova coming next. We could have some ugly scenes in that one if things boil over, Potapova is hardly as anonymous as Gracheva who played Kostyuk in the Austin final three weeks ago.

Yay,drama.

Andresscu :CAN defeats Raducanu :GBR 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 in the Miami Open R128!:clap:

Andresscu finished the match with 32 winners, compared to Emma’s 20. Next up [7] Sakkari :GRE 

Edited by Josh

Andresscu suffers a lower leg injury in a loss to Alexandrova at the WTA 1000 Miami Open. :cry:

C09119EA-8399-4807-823D-D1E818AAFCAA.jpeg

At 6-7 (5), 2-0 [15-40] disaster struck for Bibi, and she eventually had to retire, leaving the court in a wheelchair. Injuries have been frequent for her, so unfortunate that she can never catch a break. And she was just starting to play well too :facepalm::wall:

Alexandrova after the match: “I’m really sorry that it happened to Andresscu. Seeing her on the court in so much pain, it’s painful to watch. “You cannot help, you just can do nothing, which is terrible. And I think she’s going to be just fine soon, and I’m wishing for her a speedy recovery”

Edited by Josh