website statistics

Name the 5 biggest gold medal hopes for your country in Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

:USA

Athletics: Kovacs and Crouser in Shot Put

Athletics: Kerley/Bromell/Bracy in 100m

Athletics: Sydney McLaughlin in 400m Hurdles

Athletics: Lyles and Knighton in 200m

Gymnastics: Sunisa Lee becoming our #1

Edited by owenp_23

INDIA :IND

1. Our rifle / pistol team .... All ten events  ..... We have a huge number of high quality shooters and this was seen in the Cairo wch but shooting is very uncertain and we do not have the "Hancock" yet, for instance we despite having the quality between the junior and senior team to put 1-2 players into the finals of virtually all the events  got only 1 medal and 3 quotas  ..... But the best is clearly rudraksh in 10m AR our gold medal winner in both WCh and presidents Cup ....

2. Neeraj Chopra ..... Athletics javelin men :  a gold in Tokyo , a silver in the wch .....very very consistent but needs to add another 2-3 metres to be almost unbeatable 

3. Women boxing ....like shooting we have been dominating / doing well in juniors but in seniors only Nikhat Zareen is standing out with a World championship gold but nitu , Parveen and a few more can suprise the world 

4. Wrestling : only Ravi Kumar our silver medallist in Tokyo in 57 Free is the only one who is a possibility ... But there are others from Iran , Russia etc who are in the same league currently 

5. Badminton : satwik / chirag are the current World championship bronze medallists , they are improving and on their day can go on to even try for gold .. but this a long shot ....

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

22 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

It’s hard to know yet but I will begin with our 2 gold medalists from the Tokyo Olympics. 

1. ROWING - Men’s Lightweight Double Sculls (Paul O’Donovan and Fintan McCarthy)

2. BOXING - Women’s Lightweight (Kellie Harrington)

Then if I had to choose 3 more it would be:

3. ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS - Men’s Pommel Horse (Rhys McClenaghan)

4. ROWING - Men’s Four (really young crew who came 8th at this year’s World Championships. I’m excited to see what progress they can make.

5. SWIMMING - Men’s 800m Freestyle (Daniel Wiffen)

I took a punt with Daniel Wiffen as he is making steady improvements and with one more jump he could be a medal contender and could even surprise us all in Paris.

There are many others in the mix in rowing and boxing but right now it’s impossible to predict which are most likely. In rowing I went for the men’s four due to their youth and their big jump already this year.  I could have chosen the women’s four due to experience and also the fact there will be huge competition for that boat. Also the women’s lightweight double and women’s double both won bronze at this year’s world championships and are on an upward trajectory. 

Also Rory McIlroy will surely be a contender in men’s golf if he is on the start line. But golf is too unpredictable and it’s more likely he won’t win gold than the others on my list so that’s why he is not on my list.

Obviously I agree with number one but I’m not even sure Harrington makes the squad. I think Amy Broadhurst will win gold at either 60 or 66kg

Rhys can win gold. Or win nothing. Such is pommel. 

bizarre as this may sound. I also see a path for the men’s rugby 7s to win gold even though I could see them struggling to qualify! The sport is very unpredictable but our lads have beaten all the top teams. 

:ITA Italy:

Sailing: Tita and Banti in Nacra 17 are actually the best gold medal chance of entire olympic italian sport

Fencing: If Russia will not be in Paris both women and men team foil are big gold medal chances.

Track cycling: if Letizia Paternoster recover well i think we are going to win 1 gold medal among women madison or women omnium

Swimming: the dream is to win the men mixed relay, it will be about how fast Dressel and Peaty will swim in 2024

Judo: I think it' time for Italy to win 1 gold medal, 1 among Parlati, Carnà, Bellandi, Lombardo, Scutto can win the gold medal.

13 hours ago, MHSN said:

I highly doubt Chamizo has a realistic chance to win the gold even if Russian wrestlers don't participate. (either for Russia, ROC or even as a paid mercenary for another country) Kyle Dake is not going to lose to him or Salkazanov.

I think Chamizo had his best chance to win the gold in 2016, but yes you never can write him off completely. in 2022 Worlds he could lose to Demirtas and Tsabalov but found a moment of magic to win both matches. that's always possible with him but with Dake you need to do that more than once.

yeah, I know that...sadly...

that's why I wrote that Frank's is one of the medals I'd like the most to happen for personal taste, it wasn't a "reasonable" prediction of the most expected medals for Italy...it's more like a dream that I hope it may come true, even if I know it's just a dream...;)

16 hours ago, Laraja said:

:BRA

Rayssa Leal - Women's Street Skateboarding

Rebeca Andrade - Artistic Gymnastic (pratically all events)

Alison dos Santos - Men's 400m Hurdles

Rafaela Silva - Judô

Isaquias Queiroz - Canoe Sprint

I would also add Martine Grael/Kahena Kunze on sailing

:ROU Romania:

Athletics: Bianca Ghelber - Women's Hammer Throw

Rowing: Men's coxless pair, Women's double sculls, Women's eight and Women's lightweight single sculls

Swimming: David Popovici and Robert Glinta

Canoeing: Catalin Chirila - Men's C1 1000m and Men's C1 500m

Wrestling: Alin Alexuc-Ciurariu - Men's 130kg and Alexandra Anghel - Women's 72kg

1 hour ago, vlad said:

:ROU Romania:

Athletics: Bianca Ghelber - Women's Hammer Throw

Rowing: Men's coxless pair, Women's double sculls, Women's eight and Women's lightweight single sculls

Swimming: David Popovici and Robert Glinta

Canoeing: Catalin Chirila - Men's C1 1000m and Men's C1 500m

Wrestling: Alin Alexuc-Ciurariu - Men's 130kg and Alexandra Anghel - Women's 72kg

Well if somehow our federation will managed to cooperate, I see good results for the girls (Puflea, Ghigoarta, Voinea even Barbosu) or Burtanete on the men’s side. Even in weightlifting we have good chance with Loredana Toma.. Bianca Perie-Ghelber is still far away from the rest of the world even if she is te reigning european champion.

Honestly i’m waiting to see a return of Larisa Iordache. I’m almost sure she will try Paris 2024

Edited by IoNuTzZ

Summary of first choices here #2 (only choices by users from certain NOCs)

:ARG Hockey - Women's Tournament

:BRA Skateboarding - Women's Street

:CAN Swimming - Women's 400m Individual Medley

:CHN Table Tennis - Women's Team

:DEN Badminton - Men's Singles

:FRA Handball - Men's Tournament

:GBR Cycling Mountain Bike - Men's Cross-country

:GRE Athletics - Men's Long Jump

:IND Shooting - Men's 10m Air Rifle

:IRL Rowing - Men's Lightweight Double Sculls

:ITA Fencing - Men's Team Sabre

:LTU Athletics - Men's Discus Throw