website statistics

Name the 5 biggest gold medal hopes for your country in Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

It’s hard to know yet but I will begin with our 2 gold medalists from the Tokyo Olympics. 

1. ROWING - Men’s Lightweight Double Sculls (Paul O’Donovan and Fintan McCarthy)

2. BOXING - Women’s Lightweight (Kellie Harrington)

Then if I had to choose 3 more it would be:

3. ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS - Men’s Pommel Horse (Rhys McClenaghan)

4. ROWING - Men’s Four (really young crew who came 8th at this year’s World Championships. I’m excited to see what progress they can make.

5. SWIMMING - Men’s 800m Freestyle (Daniel Wiffen)

I took a punt with Daniel Wiffen as he is making steady improvements and with one more jump he could be a medal contender and could even surprise us all in Paris.

There are many others in the mix in rowing and boxing but right now it’s impossible to predict which are most likely. In rowing I went for the men’s four due to their youth and their big jump already this year.  I could have chosen the women’s four due to experience and also the fact there will be huge competition for that boat. Also the women’s lightweight double and women’s double both won bronze at this year’s world championships and are on an upward trajectory. 

Also Rory McIlroy will surely be a contender in men’s golf if he is on the start line. But golf is too unpredictable and it’s more likely he won’t win gold than the others on my list so that’s why he is not on my list.

4 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Obviously!

and 3,4,5???

Hard one.

But perhaps sailing, swimming and handball men’s team? 

Does Show Jumping counts as one or two events? I honestly think both team and individual have bigger  chances than those three. 

Edited by Belle