website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

I have sent an invitation to @Hipooo to confirm if we will host the upcoming TISC Open 2022 edition in Czech Republic, the current TISC Open Champions.

We will wait to hear back for an update before confirming the next steps :) 

Heeey, Brollympics! :)

As @hckošice said, I have been preparing some things.... The official logo I have already done. Now I'm waiting for answers of other Czech members to cooperate with me. I can't allow the competition will be poor! I want to organize a great show and I hope all contestants enjoy it.
@OlympicIRL I let you know when Czechs have been answering me. :thumbup:

Firstly, I must improve my english level :tantrum:

4 minutes ago, Hipooo said:

Heeey, Brollympics! :)

As @hckošice said, I have been preparing some things.... The official logo I have already done. Now I'm waiting for answers of other Czech members to cooperate with me. I can't allow the competition will be poor! I want to organize a great show and I hope all contestants enjoy it.
@OlympicIRL I let you know when Czechs have been answering me. :thumbup:

Firstly, I must improve my english level :tantrum:

That’s awesome! Well it seems like you’re already off to a great start with the logo!

Don’t worry if it’s about English, I’m sure there’s one or two of us here who can speak a few words of English to help with anything official :d 

We’re going to Czech Republic everyone :CZE  :clap:

:CZE Czech your passports people....TISC Open 2022 is coming!! :CZE

It is my great pleasure to formally announce Czech Republic as the host of TISC Open 2022! :toast:. Congratulations  @Hipooo on your new role as TISC host. It is the 19th edition of the Totallympics International Song Contest and the first to be hosted in the Czech Republic, following in the footsteps of their neighbours Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. Thank you for taking up the mantle of TISC host and best of luck with the organisation, we are all behind you! Hopefully you will be able to draw in some of your fellow Czech users to the contest for their home edition :)

No definite plans are in place as of yet as to a schedule but it seems like the Grand Final could take place in the first weekend in November. But that is just a provisional date. This means we will be looking at opening up the TISC thread in mid to late September.

We will be following the general plan of having 2 weeks for registrations/song selections, 2 weeks for voting and 2 weeks of preparation time for organisers to prepare the templates for the Grand Final. As always, that is just a general guide and if more time is needed by the host to prepare and organise then that is fine.

One change I am thinking of however is spawned from the most recent edition when concerns were raised around multi-member juries and some users from those nations not being given enough time to notice the thread and help select their nation's entry. So to help ease that concern a little we will open the thread 1 week early and keep it closed to song selections, but allow people to register their interest to say they want to take part. We also introduced a rule after the last edition to help instruct users who are likely to be part of a multi-member jury to work with their fellow jury members before posting an entry too early:

New Rule around selecting song for multi-member juries

In cases where 2 or more members from the same nation register to participate in the contest, they must work together by private message to agree upon the song and artist they wish to represent their nation in the contest.

If one of those members already chose the song and artist for their nation before the other members registered for the contest, the newly registered members have the right to re-visit the selection made for their nation. All members from that nation should work together to agree on the chosen representative. This must be completed before the official registration deadline. Any outstanding concerns can be brought to the attention of the organising committee by private message to seek a fair solution if needed.

For these reasons, it is recommended that users from nations that often have multiple jury members to give a reasonable amount of time to allow their fellow jury members to register, as a form of courtesy for their fellow jury members. This may help to avoid situations where there is a disagreement in the chosen representative and reduce the amount of occasions when the chosen song / artist needs to be changed.

See you all soon in Czech Republic for TISC #19 :CZE  :cheer:

19.gif?format=2500w

Fellow :ESP users of Totallympics, I have been quite busy this year and I am not sure if I will be able to participate in the next edition. Therefore, it would be nice if some of you can join the Spanish delegation, especially considering that we have the hosting rights for the 2023 Annual TISC.