website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt I was the president of The Committee. :d:hairpull:

But I only found that out towards the end. Various people were navigating me through some corridors, and then I arrived at some platform where some Committee congress was ready to commence. :p

#banbestmen

On 17/11/2020 at 17:15, Werloc said:

This is kind of a fake reason to be honest, the only country from the countries that regularly participate at TISC that could be affected by this is perhaps only Malta.

If some of the larger countries take a hit, then welcome to our world, we regularly have less songs to choose from. And in case you think you're representing our interests, then many of those smaller countries already voted for no extension and some of the bigger countries already voted for A.

Every artist, all over the world has lost so many finances by not being able to get any work. Sure, every country has a handful of artists that haven't struggled too much since they're always first in line to get copious amount of gigs whenever quarantines are stopped and such.

And what you're telling me right now is that all of these people that couldn't go out there and perform, chose to spend the entire year doing absolutely nothing? No, they for sure kept releasing songs so that they would have something to do on social media in order to stay relevant to have an audience pull after quarantine is over. The least we can do is honour the struggle and look back at what artists were able to create during this tough year for entertainment. 

This annual contest could be one of the most interesting ones that we've had and I'm speaking from a country that's probably bottom 5 based on population from all the participants. 

Honestly curious how the music industry was holding up in Malta during the pandemic @Glen ?

In Malta the 2 main song contests that usually take place during summer were held just the same but just on TV and without an audience. During the March - May period there were singers who united together virtually to record songs with a message of hope to the general public. At the moment, no albums that were released during summer are coming to mind.

With regards to the our annual contest I would vote for the B option, both for the first and second question.  

TISC Annual 2021 - Possible Extension to Period of Song Eligibility

The votes are in..... the vote was very close (unlike the recent TISC Open) and we have an outcome. All votes have been counted, even the postal ballots :p

Question 1:

Due to COVID-19, should we extend the eligibility period for songs for TISC Annual 2021 as a once-off?

(a) Yes, we should extend the eligibility period - 9

(b) No, it should remain the same - 10

Outcome of vote:

The rule does not change, the eligibility period for TISC Annual 2021 will not be extended beyond the usual criteria.

Question 2:

Currently, the eligibility period for the TISC Annual 2021 means that songs released after 1 January 2020 are eligible. If we extend the eligibility period for songs for TISC Annual 2021, how much of an extension should be offered? (Please answer this question even if you answered no to Question 1):

(a) 3 month extension (song released after 1 October 2019 are eligible) - 6

(b) 6 month extension (songs released after 1 July 2019 are eligible) - 11

(c) 12 month extension (songs released after 1 January 2019 are eligible) - 2

Outcome of vote:

The preferred option if there would have been an extension would be to allow a 6-month extension. However, as users voted against any extension in Question 1 it means the eligibility period will remain the same and will not be extended for TISC Annual 2021.