website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Anyways, as we're waiting for our next TISC competitions I thought that I'd throw in some TISC related content via my points report card. 

During my 14 participations in TISC, I had a 1092 points to shell out to many different countries, even though I was in a combined jury for 2014 A, I went through with using my own votes.

2020-05-04 (4).png

Throughout these 14 contests, I've awarded points to 43 countries, Ukraine, Colombia, India, Vietnam and Romania didn't fit in the screenshot.

Unfortunately, there are countries that have yet to get any points from me and those would be: 

Bulgaria: This one I'm surprised with, because I thought I definitely had given them points in the past, but found out that they were only on my reserve list a couple of times.

China: Similarly to Bulgaria, their songs entered my top 20 numerous times, but didn't reach the points.

Egypt

Greece

Hungary and Iran: Was really close to getting points from me on two different occasions. Hungary was 13th in 2020, for example.

Israel: only participated once, so there's still time

Lebanon

Moldova

Montenegro

Russia

Tunisia

Uruguay

Venezuela

Somewhat didn't expect United States to take first place, but it seems that if I like their song, I like it that much, that they never score below 5th place and have scored the most medals.

There are also other countries that never placed lower than 5th place when they got points and those are: Azerbaijan and Croatia, whilst Brazil has a good record of not going below 6th. 

Other countries with numerous medals include: Great Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, whilst Brazil is the only country to double up on my 12 points.

Countries on the longest point streak: Great Britain (7 contests, 2014-2017), Brazil (6 contests, 2016-2019), New Zealand (6 contests, 2015-2017). The longest streak that is still alive is Denmark with 4 contests in a row, twice in 12th place :p

Countries on the longest point break: Kazakhstan and Guyana since the first contest, Romania since the second contest, Spain, Slovakia and Serbia since the 5th contest

Perfect attendance awards:

Norway with 4/5 contests in points

Great Britain with 11/13 contests in points

Australia with 4/5 contests in points

Estonia with 3/3 contests in points

Countries on the rise:

Slovenia (19 points in last 4 contests)

Malta (21 points in last 4 contests)

United States (29 points in last 4 contests)

Brazil (28 points in last 4 contests)

Netherlands (23 points in last 4 contests)

Ireland (21 points in last 4 contests)

First non-European winner? Not on my watch! 1st and 2nd spot in my all time points are not from European countries.

4 countries to get the coveted 1 point twice: Denmark, Portugal, Czech Republic and Slovakia.

2 minutes ago, justony said:

One week to go, looks like there is no interest for Eurovision 2020. ??

Well there’s no contest. Iceland was clearly the winnner.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 05/05/2020 at 07:50, Olympian1010 said:

Well there’s no contest. Iceland was clearly the winnner.

I was talking about interest to vote here in similar way as we do with TISC. I suggested that a few weeks ago, but it looks like nothing is going to happen.

8 minutes ago, justony said:

I was talking about interest to vote here in similar way as we do with TISC. I suggested that a few weeks ago, but it looks like nothing is going to happen.

Exactly. Iceland would win. No doubt in my mind. :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Are we still in discussion for the TISC Special Edition format?

As @OlympicIRL suggested, we could use some tournament format with group and knock-out stages, with users being drawn to judge selected head-to-head matches.

Personally, I would like if such format is also partially held in live format with its own Grand Final. For example, from Quarterfinals onwards, there could be a live show to decide the final bracket. Additional twist would include a provision that votes for Quaterfinals, Semifinals and Finals are collected during the live show itself, meaning the final results are decided by the users who are there at the time.

We could also have repechage in the live show, meaning two bronze medals get awarded. Like this:

Repechage Matches

Loser QF1 vs Loser QF2

Loser QF3 vs Loser QF4

Bronze Medal Matches

Loser SF1 vs Winner Repechage 2

Loser SF2 vs Winner Repechage 1

#banbestmen

Dnia 6.05.2020 o 08:52, justony napisał:

You mean about something like this?

On 08/05/2020 at 22:47, dcro said:

Are we still in discussion for the TISC Special Edition format?

As @OlympicIRL suggested, we could use some tournament format with group and knock-out stages, with users being drawn to judge selected head-to-head matches.

Personally, I would like if such format is also partially held in live format with its own Grand Final. For example, from Quarterfinals onwards, there could be a live show to decide the final bracket. Additional twist would include a provision that votes for Quaterfinals, Semifinals and Finals are collected during the live show itself, meaning the final results are decided by the users who are there at the time.

We could also have repechage in the live show, meaning two bronze medals get awarded. Like this:

Repechage Matches

Loser QF1 vs Loser QF2

Loser QF3 vs Loser QF4

Bronze Medal Matches

Loser SF1 vs Winner Repechage 2

Loser SF2 vs Winner Repechage 1

Yes we still have plenty of time to discuss the format.

So far the plan is to have the following elements:

• Participating members represent nations that have not taken part in TISC
  • The nation that each member chooses and their song choice will be kept secret
  • The contest will be held in a tournament style event (group stages and knock-out matches)
  • For each match, a number of jury members will be randomly picked to judge that match

That's the basic outline which of course can change as you all have your input into what kind of contest you want.

Some things that need to be decided also:

• If more than one user chooses the same nation, what happens? Do we just allow each of those entries to compete? If not then how do we decide who gets the right to represent that nation?
  • At what point is it revealed who represented each nation? Probably at the end of the contest would be the best.
  • At what point do we reveal who judged the various matches? Again most likely at the end of the contest.

I think at the beginning, when all the entries are submitted, each users ranks the songs in secret and based on those rankings is how we decide how each user judged a match.

Also this ranking at the start can be used to make seeds for the groups. Everything will be kept private and participants won't know who is seeded until it is all concluded.

The organiser also would most likely have to remain neutral because there is a great deal of secrecy involved in terms of who chose which songs and their preferences.

17 hours ago, rybak said:

You mean about something like this?

My suggestion was something else, something similar to TISC, so that users, who have Eurovision representatives, present their own country, while other are drawn to other competitive nations.

But is already too late, since no one has shown any interest in last month.