website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, MHSN said:

They fixed the problem since yesterday and now almost all head kicks register properly

I wish they could do that earlier. lots of athletes lost their rightful medals just because Daedo system doesn't work properly in altitude ?  (was that the reason ? or the humidity ? or lack of it ?)

until 2 days ago we had something like 5-6 video replay challenges per match. but from yesterday till now it's averagely less than 1 per match.

Well, this is not a really high city compared to others in Mexico, just slightly below 1500m above sea level, but it could be a factor that should been tested some time before. As for humidity, we have a semi humid climate all year round.

But I highly doubt any of the above could cause a malfunction capable of altering the device. They need to lie better.

the first time I saw Don Vito on TV was 2017 World Champs semifinal against a Korean and he was very very bad in that match. like an amateur, even the Iranian commentators made fun of him (they always do stupid things like this) like who the hell is this guy, does he even know the sport? (he still ended up with a bronze but that specific match was disastrous)

but look where is him now. Olympic Gold + World Championship Gold :hyper:

11 hours ago, MHSN said:

the first time I saw Don Vito on TV was 2017 World Champs semifinal against a Korean and he was very very bad in that match. like an amateur, even the Iranian commentators made fun of him (they always do stupid things like this) like who the hell is this guy, does he even know the sport? (he still ended up with a bronze but that specific match was disastrous)

but look where is him now. Olympic Gold + World Championship Gold :hyper:

well, he was 17 at that time, which for an Italian is really a super-young age.

I doubt he had barely worked on any tactic in his life at that time.

It was just his instinct and nothing else.

now it's a whole different beast.

yesterday he was basically out in the quarterfinals against :KAZ, but he managed to earn a Gam-Jeom and a head kick with less than a second on the clock.

Since that moment he's been just another man, almost untouchable...even the first round against the Korean, who was very lucky to find that last second head shot and come out on top of that last furious exchange.

fun fact, the championship opened with the bitter upset of :ITA Simone Alessio losing the first fight against an unknown Mongolian and closed down with another Italian on the mat, this time celebrating a huge win for our Taekwondo, that until yesterday was just a joke in this tournament.

this morning has been the best wake up in a very long time for me...:lol:

Final Medal Table

:MEX  3 / 1 / 2
:CHN  2 / 3 / 1
:KOR  2 / 2 / 1
:SRB  2 / 1 / 2
:ESP  1 / 2 / 2
:UZB  1 / 1 / 2
:CRO  1 / 0 / 1
:HUN  1 / 0 / 0
:ITA  1 / 0 / 0
:USA  1 / 0 / 0
:BEL  1 / 0 / 0
:GBR  0 / 1 / 3
:TPE  0 / 1 / 2
:BRA  0 / 1 / 1
:TUR  0 / 1 / 1
:GRE  0 / 1 / 0
:ISR  0 / 1 / 0
:IRI  0 / 0 / 3
:TUN  0 / 0 / 2
:JOR  0 / 0 / 1
:AZE  0 / 0 / 1
:EGY  0 / 0 / 1
:COL  0 / 0 / 1
:KSA  0 / 0 / 1
:THA  0 / 0 / 1
:PUR  0 / 0 / 1
:GER  0 / 0 / 1
:AUT  0 / 0 / 1

I think 3 bronze medals is our worst ever result since 1993 !! following worst ever results in Tokyo (winning no medal in TKD for the first time ever)

but while the result itself was terrible I still saw some lights at the end of tunnel :d we had no other option but to bring some 17 years old kids and they all did good. (losing narrowly to eventual finalists) if WT sorted this electronic problem out earlier we would have more medals with better color. unfortunately our guys in last 2 days weren't simply good enough to take medal.

it's clearly almost impossible to qualify more than 2 through the ranking (none of our guys are in good position) but I believe we have 3 or 4 kids capable of winning Olympic gold medals, Paris 2024 won't be as bad as Tokyo 2020.