website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

Good stuff!

Training has been very much on/off for me since the summer. Politics took away most spare time meaning that I didn't run much for the last 3 months of last year.

But I'm getting some pretty good runs in the last couple of months giving hope for a good half mara this summer. 

Did manage my best 5k since 2020 last weekend (24:09) and have started adding some kms.

Have had a bit of back issues as well. Doing a bit of core training to help.

Edited by Agger

• 3 months later...

Just did my second (official) half marathon. The last month has been pretty damn tough and I didn' even feel certain that I would end up on the start line, but I did with an expectation of 2:05-2:10. Felt much better during the run and only really struggled for the last 3 KM meaning that I got around in 2:01.28, just above 3 minutes slower than my PB. Certainly makes me consider going for another half marathon later in the year to beat that PB.

• 1 month later...

Bruna got me a mountainbike (which I mostly use a lot on the road for now) to replace my dad's 20 year old ATB, and I've been cycling a bit since :p (I've been using that ATB for years, but usually ended up doing a few rides a year and that's about it)

The rides that seem slow in terms of distance covered in the mentioned time are probably either actual mountainbiking (which is of course quite slow compared to the road) or me joining Bruna for a rollerski training or a on the way to some lactate test or something, but a large majority are regular road trainings (either alone or, in the case of the longest ones recently, together).

Spoiler

5ZTfbVT.png

EEfDh83.png

aorf25Y.png

WsBJrST.png

Especially the past 7-8 days were tough, three times 100+ kilometer in one week plus a few hours, that's new :d (and especially today my energy level was close to the bottom with 30km or so still to go)

I've got a goal though: in september go for a week with 5 consecutive days, Monday through Friday, of at least 100km on every one of those days. I've already asked for a week off at work, so....

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And since a bit more than a month I have clip in pedals for the first time in my life. Last Sunday I had the default experience: my first zero-speed tip-over because of stopping and not unclipping in time:facepalm:

Luckily no damage other than a rather large bruise on my behind thanks to the saddle hitting there and a massively bruised ego :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And since a bit more than a month I have clip in pedals for the first time in my life. Last Sunday I had the default experience: my first zero-speed tip-over because of stopping and not unclipping in time:facepalm:

Luckily no damage other than a rather large bruise on my behind thanks to the saddle hitting there and a massively bruised ego :p 

You haven't used clip in pedals if you haven't done that :p 

Meanwhile things are going nicely for me. I've registered for a half marathon on sep 30. It has about 50% less altitude meters (the one I've done is semi-hilly in Danish perspective) and it feels possible for a decent PB. Right now I'm focusing on a pace of 5:18 per km meaning just below 1:52.

15 minutes ago, Agger said:

You haven't used clip in pedals if you haven't done that :p 

Meanwhile things are going nicely for me. I've registered for a half marathon on sep 30. It has about 50% less altitude meters (the one I've done is semi-hilly in Danish perspective) and it feels possible for a decent PB. Right now I'm focusing on a pace of 5:18 per km meaning just below 1:52.

Semi-hilly in Denmark is like this? :p

Spoiler

De zes schattigste verkeersdrempels van Vremde | The Vremde Mirror

After another tough couple months of training, tomorrow I'm competing in my final swim meet of the season :)  (For the sake of my meet, I'm only competing in my specialty events)

Every single part of my body is aching right now, but I'm going to give everything I've got :swimming:  

Super proud with my progression, started 2023 with a 27.21 50FR PB (Since then have lowered it to 25.45), and a 56.84 100FR PB (Since then have lowered it to a 54.60). We don't talk about my butterfly races:facepalm::p (I did break my 100FL PB three times and my 200FL PB two times, although all of them happened with fairly shit times)

Now time to switch to a smaller nationality and compete at the Olympics :p (Just kidding, I'm not that good)

Edited by Josh

Meanwhile I’m nursing a my third ligament/bone injury in just about 1 1/2 years thanks to ultimate frisbee (flying disc). I think I might retire after this one, and pick up the inline skates or the chalk bag/hangboard again 😅

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Josh said:

No PBs today :wall: so I'm pretty pissed off with myself.

Here were my times: 25.78 50FR, 55.20 100FR

Now time some rest and relaxation :sleep:before starting up tennis again (with my coach) in a couple of weeks!

Still not that far off of your PB's, which, considering you're (I assume) not a professional with a professional coaching team around you to time everything to the right week, is definitely an excellent performance I'd say :)