website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023

rybak

On 1/30/2023 at 5:20 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Replay of the Czechia national finals. Anyone can vote until February 6th. I’ve put my rankings in the spoiler box below.

https://youtube.com/live/EA5zETYL3fM?si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Reveal hidden contents

And the winner is…Vesna’s “My Sister’s Crown.” :CZE delivering the first quadlingual entry this year. Definitely the first “political” entry as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

My current (very rough) ranking based on national finals and live performances.

1. :NOR

2. :ESP

3. :CZE

4. :UKR

5. :SLO

6. :BEL

7. :IRL

8. :ALB

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

And the winner is…Vesna’s “My Sister’s Crown.” :CZE delivering the first quadlingual entry this year. Definitely the first “political” entry as well.

Its sadly sure top3 Place...

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

Its sadly sure top3 Place...

It’s really grown on me lately. I’m certain it’s not that easy to weave four different languages into a coherent arrangement. The song excels lyrically (in terms of what they want to achieve with it.), so if they can improve the vocals and clean up the staging a bit it could be a real contender.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s really grown on me lately. I’m certain it’s not that easy to weave four different languages into a coherent arrangement. The song excels lyrically (in terms of what they want to achieve with it.), so if they can improve the vocals and clean up the staging a bit it could be a real contender.

Song itself is very good, but I hate songs with political message.