website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

Just now, LDOG said:

I have a question: do friendlies still count for world ranking?

Yes. Meanwhile one of Canada’s Gold Cup match didn’t because Martinique isn’t a FIFA member. It would actually have been much better for Canada to fail to qualify for the nation league A group since now we play two fewer games and we got drawn against a bad team (Cuba).

This is basically just CONCACAF rigging the qualification process for the big boys. Typical.

15 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Yes. Meanwhile one of Canada’s Gold Cup match didn’t because Martinique isn’t a FIFA member. It would actually have been much better for Canada to fail to qualify for the nation league A group since now we play two fewer games and we got drawn against a bad team (Cuba).

This is basically just CONCACAF rigging the qualification process for the big boys. Typical.

I suspect there will be a lot of friendlies among the Central American teams, Canada and maybe a few Caribbean nations in a bid to claim one of the top 6 spots within the region.

26 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Im surprised CONCACAF approved this, especially since a Canadian heads the organization. I'd imagine Canada would be on the bubble there.

I think it was a big Caribbean voting bloc. They know they won't qualify and get to play waay more matches.