website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Still think 13 spots for Europe is just too few... I know there needs to be universality and it's the largest portion of all the continents but it's getting harder and harder each time. Though I am just bitter that my country hasn't a hope in qualifying anytime in the next decades :d

16+ in 2026

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Still think 13 spots for Europe is just too few... I know there needs to be universality and it's the largest portion of all the continents but it's getting harder and harder each time. Though I am just bitter that my country hasn't a hope in qualifying anytime in the next decades :d

In 2018 Greece only lost two games out of 12 total (including group stage and playoffs). We lost one to Belgium (draw the other time we played them) and one to Croatia (draw the other time we played them). As a result, we did not qualify. Mind you we had just made the World Cup in 2010 and 2014 before then. Then we only had 2 losses and they were to the second and third placed teams at the Finals.

I'm not saying we deserved to qualify or anything, but that is an incredibly difficult path especially for a team that made the two previous World Cup Finals...

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

16+ in 2026

Only 3 will be European though, right?

36 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Macedonian fans celebrating their first victory over Italy since 205 BC.

1024px-Alexander_and_Bucephalus_-_Battle

I know you didn't mean it, but honestly this is a bit much. It's easy for people who are not affected to say "Greeks are too sensitive" but when a neighbouring country usurps history to make territorial claims on my homeland, with maps of parts of our country annexed to their country in public school classrooms, and printing currency with photos of Thessaloniki on it, then yes, I'm going to be annoyed...