website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

In Indonesia, the World Cup got around 74% of audience share.

The company who got the rights here are bastards who thinks people don't watch terrestrial TV anymore and their agenda is to force everyone to watch from their shitty streaming site. During the last match day of group stage, only one match is shown on TV despite the group owns multiple TV channels in this country.

They even monitored and enforced the rule for big cafes, bars, or any other places that had a public viewing to show the broadcast from their site.

As I had said above, their site is shit and looks like the bandwidth was unable to handle the number of viewers during the final. So people were angry and posting their own experience watching from the site (sudden timeout, stuttering images, sudden logout from the app, crashing app, etc)

If you read my post during the finals, you can see I was having issues too :p

54 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

In Indonesia, the World Cup got around 74% of audience share.

The company who got the rights here are bastards who thinks people don't watch terrestrial TV anymore and their agenda is to force everyone to watch from their shitty streaming site. During the last match day of group stage, only one match is shown on TV despite the group owns multiple TV channels in this country.

They even monitored and enforced the rule for big cafes, bars, or any other places that had a public viewing to show the broadcast from their site.

As I had said above, their site is shit and looks like the bandwidth was unable to handle the number of viewers during the final. So people were angry and posting their own experience watching from the site (sudden timeout, stuttering images, sudden logout from the app, crashing app, etc)

If you read my post during the finals, you can see I was having issues too :p

the exact opposite of Italy...

here all the people only want sport events being shown on terrestrial/satellite traditional TV channels...

and actually, public places can't stream anything by law*, they have to subscribe to dedicated TV channels to show football matches and/or F1, MotoGP races :evil:

*to be precise, they can't stream mainstream events which they charge any amount of additional money for watching...

during regular opening without any extra charge for watching a specific event they can put whatever (legally available, of course) they want on their tv screens (if they have any).

12 hours ago, Bohemia said:

The final had an average viewership of 24.1 million in France, with a peak at 29.4 million, and an audience share of 81%. It's an all-time record here 

in Italy, the record (of course) is still the 2006 Final :p

on our public TV the viewers were 23,935,000 (meanwhile on our main pay-tv, Sky Italia, which were simulcasting the match, the viewers were 1,170,000).

the rating was 84.1% on the public TV channel (Rai 1) and 6% on the Sky Italian TV channel(s).

so, the total numbers for that magical night are 25,645,000 spectators and 90.1% rating (and this not counting the many thousends in front of the giant screens all around the city squares).

Germany: 13.86 million (53.6 %)

For comparison: The 2018 final was watched by 21.45 million people

Overall this was a record breaking performance (in a negative sense) for german TV. In addition to that german free TV didn't even show all matches, although they paid an absurd amount of money for the broadcasting rights. German people have to pay roughly 20 euros a month for public media and part of that money is used to buy broadcasting rights for events like football world cups or olympics. Personally i hope that some day this practice will change. Pay tv can buy the broadcasting rights and whoever wants to watch events like the olympics or the football world cup has to pay for pay tv.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 hours ago, thepharoah said:

FB_IMG_1671473100468.jpg

WE did it? What exactly did she contribute?*

*Please ignore if this was another wrong translation

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.