website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

Before 2022 at the World Cup, in the knockout phase:

- :AUS had lost in the round of 16 only once, in 2006 to eventual cup winner Italy;

- :NED had lost in the quarterfinals only once, in 1994 to eventual cup winner Brazil;

- :CRO had lost in the semifinal only once, in 1998 to eventual cup winner France.

:FRA so far have lost only one final, (obviously to the cup winner).

Last year Hungarian fans were stigmatized  as a fearful extremist creatures because they wore black.

But no word about this:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/2022/12/15/boy-dies-amid-clashes-across-france-after-world-cup-win-over-morocco/

Difficult choice Argentina or France. 
I really don’t like France in Football but Argentina is even worse. 

who is less likeable? 😂

i will go for France, go Mbappe 

Messi is just a d**k, and the Argentinian very aggressive behavior is not my cup of tea 🤷🏻‍♂️

I find "interesting" that people hate the argentinian behavior

It's like if you are an european team its ok to be a sore loser or a bad winner, but if your  latinamerican/african/asian team it's completetly reprehensible

:rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's happened! :POL Szymon Marciniak will referee the World Cup final :clap:

:QAT Abdulrahman Al-Jassim gets the 3rd place match.

I told u the Qatari will officiate 3rd place match :d I don't like Marciniak btw,  he doesn't have a strong personality and he can't control tense matches , in Arab Cup he played 20 more minutes after the regular time,  so I wonder when will this match end maybe after 120 minutes :d

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I told u the Qatari will officiate 3rd place match :d I don't like Marciniak btw,  he doesn't have a strong personality and he can't control tense matches , in Arab Cup he played 20 more minutes after the regular time,  so I wonder when will this match end maybe after 120 minutes :d

Well, being invisible is actually a good thing for a referee. That Arab Cup match also made news here but then FIFA went out with the added extra time boost so one can argue that was already in the works before.

It's his 5th World Cup finals match and third featuring Argentina :p  Back in 2018 he reffed Argentina vs Iceland and Germany vs Sweden.

I was convinced the 3rd place match will go to AFC referee. I just thought the more experienced guy from UAE will get it instead.

Tough luck for Makkelie who didn't get a single knockout match but there was no way he would get any Argentina match after that QF outcome and Morocco making the last four with several Dutch-born players.

3 hours ago, ManuCHIL said:

I find "interesting" that people hate the argentinian behavior

It's like if you are an european team its ok to be a sore loser or a bad winner, but if your  latinamerican/african/asian team it's completetly reprehensible

:rolleyes: 

I have never before seen *anything* like this. Well not in football. This is right on par with Bouchard refusing to shake hand of her opponent.

So try again...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen