website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

14 hours ago, dcro said:

Interesting statement given that we have been the only team thus was unbeaten by Morocco. :drama:

But thanks for the anti-support. It has been our good luck charm all along. :teacher:

I have nothing against Croatia, of course, but I've been against this Croatian team way before they tied and eventually defeated Brazil in a penalty shootout. I really dislike the way they are playing, their lack of ambition, the way they spend most of the matches defending and just waiting for a chance to score. Of course it must be thrilling for Croatians, but I really hate it.

Also, I hate to admit it, but France is the only team that proved their worth for me, since losing with the reserve team is way more acceptable than what happened to Argentina: suffering a defeat with the main team. I am happy for Morocco, but I can't see they beating France. Besides, now they seem to be more confident, but they used the "let's defend and hope for the best" tactic way too often, which is not great.

15 hours ago, thepharoah said:

exactly 

Please name the awful matches France and Brazil had.

If you refer to the french loss against Tunisia: France played their B team, so this is irrelevant and doesn't say anything about their actual strength.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I have nothing against Croatia, of course, but I've been against this Croatian team way before they tied and eventually defeated Brazil in a penalty shootout. I really dislike the way they are playing, their lack of ambition, the way they spend most of the matches defending and just waiting for a chance to score. Of course it must be thrilling for Croatians, but I really hate it.

This is not a good characterization of the Croatian game in my opinion. They had more ball possession than the opponent in every single match except the one against Belgium. In fact their game relies on the domination in midfield, they don't have the players for counter-attacking football. Unfortunately we lack speed and quality upfront, we need to have better strikers and wingers.

I'm pleased with the performance at this tournament. Semifinals is really a good achievement with this team, quality-wise there are several weaknesses which we needed to make up for.