website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

I know , it's just something weird for me , all Latin countries have black people except Argentina 

As Portuguese who is aware of the reason why there are so many black people in Brasil , I’m gonna slowly get out of the conversation :whistle:

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What was the problem with that? The referee in NED - ARG was honestly awful, but at least he was not really favouring any specific side. He just seemed to lose control after giving a first yellow and then gave everyone and their mother yellows for whatever :p 

I have distrust when is from the same Union, nothing particular with this referee but at least is not with a local european team, like in 2006 with Germany, what a partial referee our team had i that occasion.

Slave trade wasn't as massive in the southernmost parts of America compared to caribbean/Brazil.   

In Argentina afro descendants are just too mixed at this point (they weren't that many to begin with and a lot of time has passed since african migration was a common thing) so they are indistinguishable from the mestizo and european majorities.  

5 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Well, we are a little surprise here because its not the first time someone of North America did a jorunalistic note about this, like argentinian i have to say this:

1) I lived in 5 diferents cities in my life and NEVER meet or even listen about a black argentinian, with the time i presume i will meet someone.

2) When you see a black person here, you have 3 options: 1) they are inmigrants from Senegal, 2) from another country of Latin America, 3) if they are male and tall, VERY probably they are american basketball players.

3) The first time i see a black person (in person) was when i travelled to Rio Of Janerio in 1997, the same for all my family except mi father.

4) According the journalist, is like an obligation to have black players in your national team, it doesnt matter their level.

5) It is fair to say that all the historical information she mention about Argentina is true but, strangely, she answers herself: the reason for there arent a black players in Argentina is basically for "whatever reasons" there arent black argentinians, or at least they are less than 1% of the population, in a country which the football is clear the most popular sport.

P.D: what woke you have to be to make an ethnic investigation of a country because you dont see players from some ethnicity :facepalm:

P.D 2: For this mentality in some west countries, i asked about the existance or dont of "ethnic quota" in national teams i only receipt agresive answers, here the racism is not a big problem but it is in another countries.

6 hours ago, konig said:

P.D 2: For this mentality in some west countries, i asked about the existance or dont of "ethnic quota" in national teams i only receipt agresive answers, here the racism is not a big problem but it is in another countries.

There is no quota in pt obviously, and I remember when the first black players started to appear in the national team, I think in early 2000s, many people got racist about it, as in “what is this team? Angola or Cape Verde?”

which I always found ironic because before Ronaldo our most iconic football player is someone black that was not even from Portugal (Eusebio, from Mozambique, which was Portuguese at that time but let’s be real, it was a colony), and people loved (and love) him like a god (he’s buried in our “heroes temple” in Lisbon together with kings and navigators).

I think this is also because although we have a big black community, they’re concentrated in suburbs of Lisbon alone mostly (in my home town actually) so the rest of the country still finds it difficult to see it as normal.

but I have to recognize that nowadays is much better, there are still those racism dudes , but less than before, I think.