website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

34 minutes ago, konig said:

Is part of the argentinian culture of football to the fans make songs, some for supporting your team and anothers to make jokes abouts rivals, is a very common thing here, the song about France and Mbape was an "average" song, far away from the real agresives.......but yes, for our culture, i dont expect "understanding" from anothers where those things arent normal, for example: a spanish guy in twitter "try" to make a similar song against Argentina and it wanst a good thing, a guy from here post "i will teach you how to make a football song" and made a good one about Spain.

Before thepharaoah, i see many people from many countries doing the same coment in the page of the Fifa, it isnt original or wire at all.

Is it also part of the football culture to twist the words of coaches? Like with Van Gaal, who said nothing special or weird at all ("We trained a lot on penalties, so I'm confident if it gets to that" and "Messi isn't usually very present in defending, so yes, of course we have a plan, like we do for every opponent"), and this nothing special or weird or provocative or aggressive was apparently somehow turned into 'a big provocation'? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, bestmen said:

fRance cRoatia aRgentina / moRocco

The commun letter is R , located in the 2nd position and 3rd in moRocco...humm another sign 

Good observation. This is why Brazil didn't stand a chance from the beginning.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is it also part of the football culture to twist the words of coaches? Like with Van Gaal, who said nothing special or weird at all ("We trained a lot on penalties, so I'm confident if it gets to that" and "Messi isn't usually very present in defending, so yes, of course we have a plan, like we do for every opponent"), and this nothing special or weird or provocative or aggressive was apparently somehow turned into 'a big provocation'? :p 

Croatian fans did the same with the words of the canadian coach, so this childish behavior isn't limited to argentinian fans.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I thought it was very exaggerated but players often will look for anything to motivate themselves.   

Also, maybe the usual dutch bluntness is not well received or understood in some places. Here you simply don't point out weaknesses of opponent players/teams before a game. Even if it's something mild and evident like "Messi doesn't press". You are expected to always "stay humble" and only praise them or not say anything.