website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Congrats Morocco , 1st Arab Nation reach WC Quarterfinals :clap:

I am super stoked! First, a gymnast from an Arab nation wins a medal at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, now an Arab nation beats former world champion Spain.

Yes! 

We need more diversity in sports. I hope Morocco at least wins a medal here. It will be difficult, but nothing is impossible now.

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am curious, was there ever a team which missed every penalty like Spain today? :d

Only once, WC 2006 Round of 16. Oleksandr Shovkovskiy was until today the only GK to stop all penalties in the shoot-out

:UKR - :SUI  3-0

image.png

Edited by hckošice

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Only once, WC 2006 Round of 16. Oleksandr Shovkovskiy was until today the only GK to stop all penalties in the shoot-out

:UKR - :SUI  3-0

image.png

Did he actually stop all of them? If so, he is still the only one, considering Sergio's penalty was definitely not a save by the goalkeeper :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

None of them , i knew the last woud definetely happen after his reactions when he was substituted last match and i really wish Portugal will destroy Switzerland today pls Morocco is a very good team with an average Spanish Squad 

Honestly he has such a god position in Portugal that i don’t think anyone believed that. Even newspapers just printed “today is Ronaldo + 10”.

I’m glad that he did it though. I hope we don’t loose otherwise he’ll be “see, I told you so” forever