website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

BRA x CAM is a snoozefest.

Somehow that's the one we're supposed to have on TV here...luckily the other one is on the laptop :p

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

If you ask “did Portugal played with the best team”, the answer is no, because mainly of some yellow card players and also to give opportunity to other good players.

if you ask if Portugal played for win, o think they did. But as in many other times, they play in lazy and overconfident way just because they are qualified and are against a weaker team.

I’ve seen this other times before, come to my mind one euro where they lost the third match of the group phase with Switzerland also in a shitty way after winning the first two matches, or the draw against Liechtenstein many years ago.

I hate it when they play like this, they deserve (and deserved today) to loose.

Offcourse you cant be completelly objective as a Portugese, but i respect your POV. 

I still think that Portugal should beat 95% teams no matter what also, it could be that i overestimated them.

Next days will tell...

22 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

But Musiala will be a big player for them in the coming years. He just needs to add goals to his game. With Probably Sane, Gnabry , Musiala, Havertz & Wirtz playing in 2026 . They have strong core group to build on this disappointment.

But first they need to find a replacement  for Klose . That is one area they having lacking since 2014.

DFB dont normally sack managers , think Flick will get another chance with this team for Euro 2024 at home.

Finishing is one of Musiala's biggest strengths. He is an amazing goalscorer in Bundesliga. I think nerves got to him here or maybe the need to carry this team on his own exhausted him too much and led to a loss of concentration. You also forgot to mention Moukoko, who is a generational striker talent (but not a classic striker like Klose). Germany has also some other promising strikers like Paris Brunner. I don't worry about the offense, but there are no world-class defenders/defensive midfielders in sight and shockingly Germany also fails to produce elite goalkeepers at the moment. Flick should definitely be sacked, but the bigger problem is the manager (Bierhoff) and the whole structure. DFB would need a complete restructure (maybe by someone like Rangnick) and then they should sign a coach like Tuchel or Schmidt (Befinca Lissabon). The whole talent development is pretty abysmal, Germany has no clue how to develope world-class defenders/defensive midfielders/to some degree strikers.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

May be an image of 1 person and playing a sport

Vlahovic celebration says it all 

But now does that say "yes I did" or "shut up"? :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!