website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not like I want these teams not to win so Brazil can win. I couldn't care less about Brazil winning here, especially because I really hate Neymar and I hope he retires without ever being world champion. It's just that I root for the smaller teams (or any team playing against Argentina, to be honest :p). 

Ah I understand. Yes it’s always fun when small nations can upset the favorites. 

I see Neymar getting much hate. But why? Yes he’s acting as a dying animal sometimes but he’s not the only one? 

21 minutes ago, Belle said:

Ah I understand. Yes it’s always fun when small nations can upset the favorites. 

I see Neymar getting much hate. But why? Yes he’s acting as a dying animal sometimes but he’s not the only one? 

Some athletes just generally come across as absolute assholes, both on and off the field of play. Neymar is one such example.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A good commentator knows when nothing is happening for a bit :p

And they do have emotion, but they generally talk about what's happening, whereas those "gooooooool" screamers mostly come across as if they missed the goal and have no idea what happened, so they'll just keep yelling until the replay :d

No I’m talking about the reaction when the goal is scored like “and there it is, goal to Ajax” (example).

It always looks like it doesn’t matter, it reminds me of this meme haha

image.png

25 minutes ago, Belle said:

Basically, he's a douchebag.

He uses religion to masquerade the fact that he's a bad human being. He supported Bolsonaro because his tax debt was written off. It was around 40 million US dollars. He treats women like objects. He displays very little intelligence and commitment when he tweets. He's just the kind of person no one wants to have around, but since he's rich, he's "forgiven" most of the time for his douchebag behavior.

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Two commentators? :yikes:

Huh, never heard that with football. Basically just with cycling that's common here I think.

And I'm also not a fan of the commentators you yell and scream just for the heck of it :p

I happen to watch football (and so many other sports) on different countries sport channels and I have to say almost everywhere (except Iran) they use 2 commentators for almost all sports. which is a good thing to me, 1 commentoator usually misses lots of things. it's hard to watch out for everything while constantly talking :d

I thought only in Iran they use only 1 guy to do the job (which is usually terrible with few exceptions) now you are saying that's not just Iran :d

Also, about those "goooooaaaalll" cringe guys, i think it would be difficult to beat a portuguese radio commentator that for every player that scored had a song that we would sang at goal time.

It started with "haha, funny" to "please god stop!" so quick.... :lol:

12 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

No I’m talking about the reaction when the goal is scored like “and there it is, goal to Ajax” (example).

It always looks like it doesn’t matter, it reminds me of this meme haha

image.png

Because often that is how it is :lol: 

When it's something decisive, sure, but sometimes it's more like a big favourite finally scoring a goal against an underdog...instead of some big reaction, it's more like "finally..." :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I happen to watch football (and so many other sports) on different countries sport channels and I have to say almost everywhere (except Iran) they use 2 commentators for almost all sports. which is a good thing to me, 1 commentoator usually misses lots of things. it's hard to watch out for everything while constantly talking :d

I thought only in Iran they use only 1 guy to do the job (which is usually terrible with few exceptions) now you are saying that's not just Iran :d

Cycling is basically always two here, one 'commentator' and one (usually) former cyclist. Since cycling is often quite a long broadcast, that often results in a large part being kind of a conversation between the two, my favourite duo on Eurosport does that perfectly - they were a bit awkward when they started out some years ago, without knowing one another, while nowadays during the broadcasts you can just hear that they have become close friends (often making fun at one another, talking about life and so on) :d 

Formula 1 has two commentators here since this year, after one guy doing it for 30 years or so but the channel that got the rights from this year didn't hire him. That's about it, in terms of two-commentator-sports here :p 

Sometimes some sports have a second commentator if one is available or for some special event or so, but usually not.

Edited by heywoodu