website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Not certainly sure but I think the top scorer of this WC will not be a Mexican :p

160 minutes scoreless so far, still 20 minutes to equal Tunisia though

Do that surprise you following the qualification results for Mexico?

Great for Argentina, that took their chance and with Poland ahead, they sure have a better chance now to go ahead.

Also good time to shut a troll who should have been banned long ago from this forum.

Just now, kungshamra71 said:

But that’s normal right, there’s always some extra excitement with big stars like messi, Neymar, ronaldo or mbappe

I have no idea why, personally I enjoy it much more when someone who is not the supposed superstar is decisive :p

I feel like NOS has been talking about "this is the World Cup where Messi will have to do it!" for five consecutive World Cups now.

Luckily Richarlison has pushed Neymar aside at least :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How are commentators in your countries? NOS is always heavily Messi-focused, as shown by the commentator's blinding orgasm when Messi scored this decent but definitely not miraculous goal :p

Italian commentator of this evening, Adani, is an Argentinian supporter and he scream for 3 minutes saying something like "He is from Rosario" and some Spanish worlds. Of course, he received a lot of bad comments on the social. 

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How are commentators in your countries? NOS is always heavily Messi-focused, as shown by the commentator's blinding orgasm when Messi scored this decent but definitely not miraculous goal :p

play-by-play is absolutely well balanced, always on top of any situation, never getting crazy nor depressing the viewers.

he's mainly a "Germanist", so, he's not used to nor an enthusiast of South American Football...he's very professional.

on the other hand, the color commentator, former player Daniele Adani, is a possessed fanatic of South American football, especially Argentina and Uruguay.

as @Gianlu33 wrote earlier, he makes always every broadcast with certain teams a mess, a real circus...way beyond any form of acceptable enthusiasm.

and we're lucky that on our public TV he can't go as mad as he used to do when he was working for Sky Italia, where he finally lost his job because of his excessive show (screams, not so polite expressions and so on).

21 minutes ago, Dragon said:

You've just reminded me of the Syrian referee at the 1994 World Cup. Couldn't have been a bigger clown if he wore a bright red nose and giant shoes.

or the Mexican Codesal at the Italia '90 final (actually also before that match, but especially in that circumstance).

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

play-by-play is absolutely well balanced, always on top of any situation, never getting crazy nor depressing the viewers.

he's mainly a "Germanist", so, he's not used to nor an enthusiast of South American Football...he's very professional.

on the other hand, the color commentator, former player Daniele Adani, is a possessed fanatic of South American football, especially Argentina and Uruguay.

as @Gianlu33 wrote earlier, he makes always every broadcast with certain teams a mess, a real circus...way beyond any form of acceptable enthusiasm.

and we're lucky that on our public TV he can't go as mad as he used to do when he was working for Sky Italia, where he finally lost his job because of his excessive show (screams, not so polite expressions and so on).

Two commentators? :yikes:

Huh, never heard that with football. Basically just with cycling that's common here I think.

And I'm also not a fan of the commentators you yell and scream just for the heck of it :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Do that surprise you following the qualification results for Mexico?

Great for Argentina, that took their chance and with Poland ahead, they sure have a better chance now to go ahead.

Also good time to shut a troll who should have been banned long ago from this forum.

1) 17 goals in 14 matches is not so bad, but also not great neither I admit :p

2) Yeah, sure :ARG going far in WC is better for fans and the sport itself, even if they were not really impressive since the start of the tourney I must say

3) If this was a direct request to me, then sorry, I don´t have the power to ban users permanently (however I can remove justified posts if someone report them)