website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Can't say for the rest, but the goal actually ruined the life of the Bulgarian assistant referee. People stopped talking to him then, the BG Football Union allegedly asked him to pay to continue refereeing. At his funeral in 2017 only a small group of people went and there was no actual acknowledgement by the football union, even though he was an actual player before that. He was forgotten by everyone after that match. He has also said, that he saw the hand in real time, but the rules at that time were, that the assistants can't signal or communicate with the head referee unless directly asked by him.   

If I'm not mistaken, the main ref was tunisian and auctioned the match ball for 2 million dollars. :lol:

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

I think Japan will advance for sure and Iran is also likely to advance against USA if they are no more disrupted by non-football related factors. Korea is weaker than I expect on first game. Still I hope at least 2 but hopefully 3 AFC teams will advance.

Japan is in a good situation but if Germany beats Spain things will get very complicated for them

as for Iran, I believe we are still the underdog, we will lose badly the moment we forget that. those non-football related factors are still there. a former NT player got arrested few hours before the Wales match. and again all those keyboard warriors are blaming the current NT players for that (right now they are responsible for every bad thing in the world) but it seems after the total disaster of the first match they learned to only count on themselves.

they are good as long as they are ahead (or the score is tied) A total collapse is still very much possible if they concede the first goal.

How on earth is that not immediately red :lol:

Edit: ok, maybe a bitless obvious, but at the very least worth a good VAR check

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now I noticed Mbappe was asking for a card even before he stopped rolling. It was luckily out of fashion for a while, but seems to be making a very annoying comeback. Referees really need to start giving cards to players who ask for them.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!