website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

Another "great referee"🙈  you will see at this world cup 

https://youtu.be/SEIOYBSHUtM

It was last  matchday of group stage Ghana needed a win to progress vs the leaders of the group South Africa :whistle:

Edited by tuniscof

18 minutes ago, tuniscof said:

If i was Belgian i wonder if i would have been happy for this win or ashamed 😶 or say thanks to the refereeing team 😶

To be fair, there was a potential red card for Canada that they didn't get, so I don't think it's so much up to the referee, despite this being a clown :p 

Belgium was just really, really not good enough today and was lucky Canada somehow failed to grab a golden chance.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

How are the TV audiences doing in your countries ?

Here, the first french game against Australia had almost the exact same figure than four years ago against the same team (12.53 M vs 12.59 M), but with a very time slot (monday at 20.00 vs saturday at 12.00), so hard to compare :question:

Here it's been a mess... I don't have exact numbers, but it's been a mess... 

For the first time since world cup started being broadcasted live, our public TV lost the rights. The broadcaster that won, announced some months ago that they would show just half of the matches on TV, a total of 32 matches in the whole tournament. All the other matches would be available only on their streaming platform. The problem is that their streaming platform has a subscription and in fact, quite an expensive one.

Personally, I didn't even think to subscribe, since I don't have time to watch many matches anyway.

The opening match was brodcasted live on TV and the first match scheduled exclusively on their platform was England-Iran. And who would have guessed... Website went down within minutes from the match start. Since then, they have been showing every match on TV, as their website keeps crashing out. Today and after facing quite an enormous backlash, it was announced that they have abandoned the initial plan and all matches will continue to be broadcasted live on TV.

Edited by maestro