website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Beyond embarassing. I don't even know what to say so eh :bye:

This is nothing compared to our 7 x 1. Just take it easy and hope for the best in the next match. Thankfully this was the right moment to have a bad day and there are still a big chance to qualify and move ahead.

Total knockdown for Argentina and things have become very, very interesting in this group. Tonight's match is going to be important if someone gets the win. Still nothing over though for ARG, they can win the next 2 matches and safely go through.

The SA players fighting like their home was on the line, no fear at all. Every small team should play this way.

And an interesting fact, Argentina were 2 matches away from beating Italy's record of consecutive matches without a defeat. They weren't beaten from 2019 (?) i think. It's an insignificant stat for the Argentinian people, but who would have thought the streak would end against Saudi Arabia. I was expecting them to take it from this group, but not this time.

wow. just wow, what a huge surprise :hyper:

Renard is indeed a great coach, he almost signed with Iran football federation in 2018, just those stupid guys in IFF changed their minds in last minute and signed that charlatan WIlmots instead :facepalm:

it's still really hard for KSA to advance from this group but even if they lose next 2 matches they have a very good reason to celebrate :bowdown:

I'm not even sure if KSA will beat the other teams, I suspect they took their chance today because quite a few of our players were in really bad form.   

I think with some severe surgery in the starting lineup Argentina can come back and win the next games but it doesn't matter, the dream of the world cup is over already. You can't come back from such a blow. At least not fully. This is our 1-7. 

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I'm not even sure if KSA will beat the other teams, I suspect they took their chance today because quite a few of our players were in really bad form.   

I think with some severe surgery in the starting lineup Argentina can come back and win the next games but it doesn't matter, the dream of the world cup is over already. You can't come back from such a blow. At least not fully. This is our 1-7. 

They can easily get a draw with Poland with Michniewicz as HC. This guy has no idea how to play when our opponents give us the ball :lol:

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

This is nothing compared to our 7 x 1. Just take it easy and hope for the best in the next match. Thankfully this was the right moment to have a bad day and there are still a big chance to qualify and move ahead.

Not sure if losing to Saudi Arabia is nothing compared to losing to one of the world's strongest teams, even if the numbers are a bit inflated :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!