website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Just like in any sport you have teams you like and those you don't and England is on top of that list.

Ok, but is  only for sports reason or there are another reasons too?, imagine for an argentinian is a duty to be "anti-english" and even more in sports :d

2 hours ago, konig said:

Ok, but is  only for sports reason or there are another reasons too?, imagine for an argentinian is a duty to be "anti-english" and even more in sports :d

No, just for sporting reasons, nothing more. I would say even only football related stuff and not correlating to other sports, as i watch a ton of darts and snooker and like many other athletes from different sports.

I just don't like the attitude that's been brought from fans, players, the media, the constant racism baiting, especially when they come eastern of Austria. Plus i have a dislike to the rise of their super league and the rise of people here in BG shouting in your face "Oh the Premier League, best, best, best, i only watch that, top players, top clubs etc.." As a person, that became a fan in the 2000 to Italy, Juventus and Seria A it's a hard pill to swallow. In that time they were the fourth strongest league more or less. Maybe they are petty reasons for many, but for me it's just the way i feel.

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

No, just for sporting reasons, nothing more. I would say even only football related stuff and not correlating to other sports, as i watch a ton of darts and snooker and like many other athletes from different sports.

I just don't like the attitude that's been brought from fans, players, the media, the constant racism baiting, especially when they come eastern of Austria. Plus i have a dislike to the rise of their super league and the rise of people here in BG shouting in your face "Oh the Premier League, best, best, best, i only watch that, top players, top clubs etc.." As a person, that became a fan in the 2000 to Italy, Juventus and Seria A it's a hard pill to swallow. In that time they were the fourth strongest league more or less. Maybe they are petty reasons for many, but for me it's just the way i feel.

You must love the constant 'It's coooooming home' thing whenever a big tournament is starting to get close :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, konig said:

The real reason is : why UK is represented by 5 teams ( wales,N.ireland,scotland,england,Gibraltar) ????

all countries of world have some different ethinicities own languages+ flags , why only UK has the right for ??  

6 hours ago, konig said:

To understand this better, some part of the iranian society asociates the team with the oposition to the goverment and for that reason celebrate the english goals?

if you follow the news, people (mostly the younger generation) are protesting on the streets on a daily basis in last 2 months. some of them believe this is the end game and the regime will fall in next few days/weeks/months (which I disagree, we are far from there) and they somehow expect everybody (I mean famous people) to take a side. their moto is you are either with us or with them, no middle ground

it's not like these players did anything special in favor of the regime, (only 2 players are pro-regime and we already knew that) it's just people are expecting too much from them. simply because they celebrated someone's birthday in their camp and celebrated a goal against Uruguay in a friendly match 40-50 days ago they became the "their team" and not our team.

and participating in a photoshoot with so-called president few days ago put more fuel on the fire, even though most of key players were absent but who cares, when people decide to hate someone they don't listen to the facts.