website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

See @Monzanator? You’ll only need Lewandowski to score a lonely goal to beat Mexico.

Then your park the bus defense should do the rest. Mexican playera could score a goal between the Arc de Triomphe.

I guess Ochoa will make 10 saves and Mexico will win,  there are 2 rules when it comes to WC : 

1. Ochoa plays only every 4 years to defeat an European team in group stage and qualifying Mexico to R16

2. Poland loses its 1st 2 games in a very bad way and wins the last game against  a qualified team 

Just kidding but honestly if I put money on one of 2 sides I'd choose Mexico, Poland always dissapoint when it comes to group stage except Euro 2016 

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

See @Monzanator? You’ll only need Lewandowski to score a lonely goal to beat Mexico.

Then your park the bus defense should do the rest. Mexican playera could score a goal between the Arc de Triomphe.

We literally had 27% ball possession vs Chile :lol: Yeah, that was an ideal match for Michniewicz's stupid tactics so I wonder if he gets lucky enough to repeat it vs Mexico. Probably not :p

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

We literally had 27% ball possession vs Chile :lol: Yeah, that was an ideal match for Michniewicz's stupid tactics so I wonder if he gets lucky enough to repeat it vs Mexico. Probably not :p

We’ll see next Tuesday.

i’ll be having a nice breakfast to watch the game at the office.

May the least failed squad win.

10 hours ago, phelps said:

meanwhile :ITA Italy...:rolleyes: :facepalm: :hairpull:

image.jpeg

Today I learned Italy isn't in the World Cup :yikes: 

Well damn.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

About the international fans in Qatar, a lot of whom apparently are from India and supporting whichever random-looking country: "People just don't realize how insanely popular the World Cup is in our home country. We watch the Premier League every weekend. Nobody paid us to do this."

To our Indian friends, is the World Cup (and this one specifically, which seems so 'dead' in most countries) really that insanely huge in India at this very moment? @Prakash @Prashanth @Fly_like_a_don @nitinsanker (and I am definitely forgetting some others, for which I apologize, it's early :p)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

About the international fans in Qatar, a lot of whom apparently are from India and supporting whichever random-looking country: "People just don't realize how insanely popular the World Cup is in our home country. We watch the Premier League every weekend. Nobody paid us to do this."

To our Indian friends, is the World Cup (and this one specifically, which seems so 'dead' in most countries) really that insanely huge in India at this very moment? @Prakash @Prashanth @Fly_like_a_don @nitinsanker (and I am definitely forgetting some others, for which I apologize, it's early :p)

Football popularity in India can be broken in 2-3 different groups. First, the traditional football strongholds in India: Kerala/West Bengal/Goa and North East. These regions have been the bedrock of Indian football since a long time and Football World Cup is a big deal there. Normally, you would find a lot of Brazil/Argentina fans in these regions. Also, a lot of Indians in Qatar/Middle East are from the Indian state of Kerala which is crazy about football. 

Second and newer group of football fanatics are the EPL/Champions League watchers in urban areas. I don't have numbers but viewership of EPL in India is quite high. And, in the recent past, I have seen that not only is this new generation consuming football and part of the online fan groups of various clubs, but is also contributing to fan driven data/tactic analysis. And in recent past with ease of following other leagues as well, other European leagues are also getting a foothold in India. 

And third group would be the followers  of Indian football, outside the traditional regions in group 1. Those who follow Indian team and ISL. 

First 2 groups are excited about the World Cup. But, it is the usual excitement and not insane hype. There is not much media coverage or ad campaigns regarding WC. Normal Indian sports fan is more excited about the India-NZ T20 series but there is still a significant group which is excited about Football World Cup. And obviously, those who are residing in Qatar or other Gulf states, are really excited about the World Cup as for them it is almost like a home World Cup. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Football popularity in India can be broken in 2-3 different groups. First, the traditional football strongholds in India: Kerala/West Bengal/Goa and North East. These regions have been the bedrock of Indian football since a long time and Football World Cup is a big deal there. Normally, you would find a lot of Brazil/Argentina fans in these regions. Also, a lot of Indians in Qatar/Middle East are from the Indian state of Kerala which is crazy about football. 

Second and newer group of football fanatics are the EPL/Champions League watchers in urban areas. I don't have numbers but viewership of EPL in India is quite high. And, in the recent past, I have seen that not only is this new generation consuming football and part of the online fan groups of various clubs, but is also contributing to fan driven data/tactic analysis. And in recent past with ease of following other leagues as well, other European leagues are also getting a foothold in India. 

And third group would be the followers  of Indian football, outside the traditional regions in group 1. Those who follow Indian team and ISL. 

First 2 groups are excited about the World Cup. But, it is the usual excitement and not insane hype. There is not much media coverage or ad campaigns regarding WC. Normal Indian sports fan is more excited about the India-NZ T20 series but there is still a significant group which is excited about Football World Cup. And obviously, those who are residing in Qatar or other Gulf states, are really excited about the World Cup as for them it is almost like a home World Cup. 

Thanks for the explanation!

It does kind of feel like the Indians in Qatar are either unaware or are paid by Qatar to be lying about "The World Cup is insanely popular at the moment", they make it sound like all over the country there is an insane hype right now and every participating country has thousands of hardcore Indian fans cheering for them, so it'd be 'perfectly normal' to see those videos we've seen from Qatar the past days :p 

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks for the explanation!

It does kind of feel like the Indians in Qatar are either unaware or are paid by Qatar to be lying about "The World Cup is insanely popular at the moment", they make it sound like all over the country there is an insane hype right now and every participating country has thousands of hardcore Indian fans cheering for them, so it'd be 'perfectly normal' to see those videos we've seen from Qatar the past days :p 

Ohh I am not denying that most likely Qatar has hired fans. It is almost certain that a good amount of Indians (and other expats in Gulf) are being paid by the organizers to party and enjoy.