13. :LAT LAT   1 - 1 - 0

14. :UKR UKR  1 - 0 - 1

15. :NOR NOR 0 - 2 - 1

16. :BUL BUL 0 - 2 - 0

17. :NED NED  0 - 1 - 1

18. :GBR GBR  0 - 1 - 0

-. :SRB SRB    0 - 1 - 0

20. :EST EST 0 - 0 - 1

If :CZE Girls hockey team will win tonight against :ITA, we can have a funny unprecedented situation :d

The Girls Hockey Tournament Final will be Czech Rep. - Slovakia. Which is already an unprecedented thig.

but the funny thing is that it may be very likely the first ever sport final contested between teams coached by a married couple :d In fact :SVK team head-coach is Nikola Lucák-Čupková while the :CZE team head-coach is her husband Ján Lucák. a true war of the sexes incoming :p

@Olympian1010 you are our very own sport journalist, do you know if such thing already happened before. Also @heywoodu I know you are into such gossip from backstages, so I guess it can interest you :p

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

If :CZE Girls hockey team will win tonight against :ITA, we can have a funny unprecedented situation :d

The Girls Hockey Tournament Final will be Czech Rep. - Slovakia. Which is already an unprecedented thig.

but the funny thing is that it may be very likely the first ever sport final contested between teams coached by a married couple :d In fact :SVK team head-coach is Nikola Lucák-Čupková while the :CZE team head-coach is her husband Ján Lucák. a true war of the sexes incoming :p

@Olympian1010 you are our very own sport journalist, do you know if such thing already happened before.

I’m not sure if that’s happened at the EYOF before, but it seems like something that would have happened at other sporting events. :CZE / :SVK derby would be quite the finale though. @Dragon might be able to shed some light on rather or not spouses have coached against each other at the Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Not in the medal count, but worth noting…

Gwyneth Ten Raa :LUX finished in the top 10 in the girl’s slalom. It’s not everyday you see a result like that for Luxembourg in alpine skiing :d (Then again, she is already an olympian :p)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela