website statistics

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2022 version)

vlad

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2022 version)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2022 version)

My Top 10:

1. Athletics
  2. Swimming
  3. Rowing
  4. Artistic Gymnastics
  5. Track Cycling
  6. Archery
  7. Weightlifting
  8. Diving
  9. Shooting
  10. Badminton

Men's road race is one of my absolute favourite events of the Olympics but overall, road cycling is further down my list of favourite sports as I find the time trial to be pretty boring.

Equestrian also just misses my list of favourites... in 11th. I love team jumping and eventing.

So I thought I could do a top 10 like @OlympicIRL and immediately got worried about the lack of different sports that I passionately care for.

1. Athletics

2. Swimming

3. Rowing

4. Canoeing-Sprint

5. Modern Pentathlon

and I can only imagine how highly these are influenced by the fact that we're good at these in Lithuania, but they're also fairly easy for me to follow.

To fill out the top 10, I'd have to say:

6. Cycling-Track (with Krupeckaitė retiring, my interest somewhat fell off)

7. Beach Volleyball

8. Sailing

9-10. I have nothing here, so I can either say basketball and football, since I used to watch them and like them when I was young, or volleyball since I understand what is going on after watching Haikyuu :lol: 

13 hours ago, rybak said:

You are youthful and urban then :p

"urban" for sure...I live in Milan, which, for the Italian standard, is a large city...:p

"youthful"...well, my beard and my hair are starting to show some shades of grey :yikes: and my soul has always been like a 80-year old man (not to mention my knees, my stomach, my lungs and my heart)...:facepalm::hairpull:

so, no...I don't feel "youthful" at all...:cry: :nopompom:

jokes aside, however, I could list way more than a top 5 or a top 10...

as many of you know, I like so many sports (even among the non-Olympic disciplines) that it would be a lot easier to make a list of those I don't enjoy at 100%...:facepalm:

by the way, this time I voted for Swimming, Fencing, Judo, Slalom Canoeing and Shooting, but I feel I did a true injustice to at least another 5/10 sports I always follow with passion and attention...

Aside from national interests, it's mainly athletics and swimming for me at the Olympics. Tennis would be next as is my number 2 sport after football, but I don't care that much about both at the Olympics compared to the regular calendar (but tennis is more interesting per level reasons). Then if I have to mention two sports that I like to watch and don't follow that much outside the Olympics are archery and fencing.