website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

Me and my wife were in Prague this week to relax, and possibly check out the preparations for TOISC 2022. ;)

Very enjoyable stay we had, and the weather was with us most of the days.

311489957_429225962624619_2257577449331803095_n.jpg

Edited by Wumo

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Me and my wife were in Prague this week to relax, and possibly check out the preparations for TOISC 2022. ;)

Very enjoyable stay we had, and the weather was with us most of the days.

311489957_429225962624619_2257577449331803095_n.jpg

Oh looks like we just missed each other. I was there last week until Sunday evening. Great place and I already miss Hradčany. :d

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

Btw, we are open for suggestions from everyone.

Alright, time for one of my crazy suggestions. For this year’s team trophy I propose a modified omnium consisting a four legs.

Leg 1 (10 jury votes) - Scratch Race: Teams are rewarded for total points accumulated by randomly selected representative (different nation for each leg) during this leg. Omnium points are then awarded based on the ranking. 1st Place = 50 points, 2nd Place = 45 points, 3rd Place = 40 points, 4th Place = 35 points, and so on by decreasing intervals of five points.

Leg 2 (10 jury votes) - Frequency Contest: Teams are rewarded for the amount of times they are awarded points by national juries. The amount points does not matter*, only the total number of juries that give the randomly selected representative points over this leg. A perfect leg would see a team’s representative earn the points from all 10 juries for example. A ranking will be created based on frequency of scoring. Omnium points are then awarded based on that ranking. 1st Place = 50 points, 2nd Place = 45 points, 3rd Place = 40 points, 4th Place = 35 points, and so on by decreasing intervals of five points.    
*= Since there’s a heightened possibility of ties in this leg, points would be used as the tiebreaker. First tiebreaker would be number of 12 points awarded to each jury. Second, would be the number of 11 points awarded to each jury, and so on until we get to the number 1 points awarded to each jury. 

Leg 3 (11 jury votes) - Elimination Race: Teams are rewarded for the running total points accumulated by randomly selected representative over this leg. The first elimination would occur after the third jury vote in this leg. At that point, the representative with the lowest total leg score would be eliminated and finish the leg in 10th place. An elimination would then take place after each subsequent jury vote. There would only be two representatives left at the end of leg, at which point the representative with the highest total points would be awarded victory. Omnium points would then be awarded based off the final ranking, 1st Place = 50 points, 2nd Place = 45 points, 3rd Place = 40 points, 4th Place = 35 points, and so on by decreasing intervals of five points.

*= In case there are multiple teams with no points after the third leg, those teams are all eliminated at that point (with subsequent eliminations being delayed until the number of remaining competitors catches up to the original formula), with the tiebreaker being total points at the end of the leg.

Leg 4 (10 jury votes) - Points Race: Teams are given the total amount of points earned by their randomly selected representative over this stage. The points earned by that representative are then added to the team’s omnium total for their final score. Final rankings are determined by the total points earned by each team after the four legs.

Thoughts? :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Oh looks like we just missed each other. I was there last week until Sunday evening. Great place and I already miss Hradčany. :d

Just by a day we missed each other. We came to Prague Monday evening. Hradčany was beautiful. The whole city has some truly beautiful and amazing architecture, and the atmosphere is special when you walk around in the city. Many of the highlights from our vacation were culinary ones. We had really great food in Prague.

My wife said Prague reminded her to some degree on Sarajevo (she is Bosnian). :d

5 hours ago, Hipooo said:

Right now, I've separated all the countries to 10 teams by random app (www.pickerwheel.com).

Each of teams call after one of top ten biggest town in Czechia: Prague, Brno, Ostrava, Pilsen, Olomouc, České Budějovice, Ústí nad Labem, Hradec Králové, Pardubice and Liberec.

Each of teams is also named after some typical animal in Czech nature: boar, fox, hare, mole, pike, salamander, wolf, stag, otter and swan.

The composition of teams is:

PRAGUE STAGS - :USA, :MEX, :EGY, :GER:ESP

BRNO SWANS - :GBR, :NED, :BUL:GRE

OSTRAVA OTTERS - :SVK, :KAZ, :POL:SLO

PILSEN BOARS - :MLT, :ISR, :MDA:CZE

ÚSTÍ NAD LABEM WOLFS - :VEN, :VIE. :LTU:ARG

ČESKÉ BUDĚJOVICE FOXES - :CRO, :UKR, :ROU, :HUN

HRADEC KRÁLOVÉ HARES - :TUR, :CHI, :CAN, :DEN

PARDUBICE PIKES - :SRB, :SWE, :BRA, :IRL

OLOMOUC MOLES - :NZL, :INA, :TUN, :IND

LIBEREC SALAMANDERS - :POR, :FRA, :ITA, :CHN

Moles! Chemists love them :d 

Lol, so I thought I would do another listen after a while, just to check if everything remains somewhat in place and send my final votes.

So, everybody between 3 and 12 switched places with only top 2 staying where they were.

Save me

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, time for one of my crazy suggestions. For this year’s team trophy I propose a modified omnium consisting a four legs.

Leg 1 (10 jury votes) - Scratch Race: Teams are rewarded for total points accumulated by randomly selected representative (different nation for each leg) during this leg. Omnium points are then awarded based on the ranking. 1st Place = 50 points, 2nd Place = 45 points, 3rd Place = 40 points, 4th Place = 35 points, and so on by decreasing intervals of five points.

Leg 2 (10 jury votes) - Frequency Contest: Teams are rewarded for the amount of times they are awarded points by national juries. The amount points does not matter*, only the total number of juries that give the randomly selected representative points over this leg. A perfect leg would see a team’s representative earn the points from all 10 juries for example. A ranking will be created based on frequency of scoring. Omnium points are then awarded based on that ranking. 1st Place = 50 points, 2nd Place = 45 points, 3rd Place = 40 points, 4th Place = 35 points, and so on by decreasing intervals of five points.    
*= Since there’s a heightened possibility of ties in this leg, points would be used as the tiebreaker. First tiebreaker would be number of 12 points awarded to each jury. Second, would be the number of 11 points awarded to each jury, and so on until we get to the number 1 points awarded to each jury. 

Leg 3 (11 jury votes) - Elimination Race: Teams are rewarded for the running total points accumulated by randomly selected representative over this leg. The first elimination would occur after the third jury vote in this leg. At that point, the representative with the lowest total leg score would be eliminated and finish the leg in 10th place. An elimination would then take place after each subsequent jury vote. There would only be two representatives left at the end of leg, at which point the representative with the highest total points would be awarded victory. Omnium points would then be awarded based off the final ranking, 1st Place = 50 points, 2nd Place = 45 points, 3rd Place = 40 points, 4th Place = 35 points, and so on by decreasing intervals of five points.

*= In case there are multiple teams with no points after the third leg, those teams are all eliminated at that point (with subsequent eliminations being delayed until the number of remaining competitors catches up to the original formula), with the tiebreaker being total points at the end of the leg.

Leg 4 (10 jury votes) - Points Race: Teams are given the total amount of points earned by their randomly selected representative over this stage. The points earned by that representative are then added to the team’s omnium total for their final score. Final rankings are determined by the total points earned by each team after the four legs.

Thoughts? :p

I like it.

Just, what would happen if in any stage the selected representative fails to score. It will be counted as a DNF in the total, or should they get a negative penalty, like -20 akin to a lost lap?

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

Down to 26 songs. :water:

A lot of them grew on me during this second listen, so there will be some heartbreaks once the lower points are set to be decided upon.

Same here... I eliminated just 8 songs after first listen and one more after second....