website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

2 minutes ago, konig said:

I explain what happen: i  send the votes to Hipoo and after that i realialized i forgot the indian song, so i send a message to hipooo if i can change New Zeland song for Indian in the 2 points.

The points are from India, mi really sory for this mess, is all my fault.

Oh, that seems much more understandable. I wasn’t calling you out by the way. I was just thinking about how people could change votes in the future to alter the outcome, so it seemed like a good time to add a rule :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think the larger issue here is that votes were changed by a jury after they were submitted to the host. This seems like a scenario we should aim to avoid in the future in order to cut down on confusion and prevent potential score manipulation. 

Yeah, it's time for a new rule.

Once sent and received, the votes may no longer be altered, even if the voting period is still on.

Edit: Read konig's post just now.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

Once sent and received, the votes may no longer be altered, even if the voting period is still on.

Yeah, this seems like something that should really already be in the rules. I’m honestly surprised it isn’t.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Now that all confusion is cleared thanks to everyone for the 110 points and most importantly 4G - 1S - 1B the best ever in terms of medals for us.

Thanks for the 12 @intoronto @Griff88 @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010 @Dnl

11 - @Illya

10 - @Ruslan

9- @amen09

8 - @Vic Liu

7 - @Vektor

6- @Henry_Leon @SteveParker @Pablita

4- @dcro @Werloc 

2- @konig

1 - @Dragon @Quasit

I think this is the first ever points from Lithuania and maybe Italy and Hungary too . Points after US and Croatia after a long long time.

So as for the song selection it was unique . A folk song from Kerala in South India with a lesson to learn to believe in yourself and explore rather than just listen to what others teach . It has 2 folk dances shown on the video and also local Indian musical instrument Tabla . Basically a modernized version of the folk song that can leave a lasting impression on your mind. 

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Now that all confusion is cleared thanks to everyone for the 110 points and most importantly 4G - 1S - 1B the best ever in terms of medals for us.

11 - @Illya

10 - @Ruslan

9- @amen09

8 - @Vic Liu

7 - @Vektor

4- @dcro @Werloc 

2- @konig

1 - @Dragon @Quasit

I think this is the first ever points from Lithuania and maybe Italy and Hungary too . Points after US and Croatia after a long long time.

So as for the song selection it was unique . A folk song from Kerala in South India with a lesson to learn to believe in yourself and explore rather than just listen to what others teach . It has 2 folk dances shown on the video and also local Indian musical instrument Tabla . Basically a modernized version of the folk song that can leave a lasting impression on your mind. 

Clearly, one of the best indian song i can remember.

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

11 - @Illya

10 - @Ruslan

9- @amen09

8 - @Vic Liu

7 - @Vektor

4- @dcro @Werloc 

2- @konig

1 - @Dragon @Quasit

I've scored India back in 2017, but that might've been under a different user from India :) 

• 1 month later...

@catgamer Fun fact: the German song from this years contest is part of the annual Top 2000 made in the Netherlands (a Christmas tradition in NL, people vote on a bunch of songs and the Top 2000 are played from 2000 to 1 since 25 December until midnight of 31st December in the radio).

It got placed at 237 position (in 2000), so not bad! 

P.S - The number one this year (as it is almost every year) was Bohemian Rapsodhy. Here’s the first 10 from this year’s contest:

EAF23271-E52D-414B-86DE-D590044F6BC3.jpeg

3 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

@catgamer Fun fact: the German song from this years contest is part of the annual Top 2000 made in the Netherlands (a Christmas tradition in NL, people vote on a bunch of songs and the Top 2000 are played from 2000 to 1 since 25 December until midnight of 31st December in the radio).

It got placed at 237 position (in 2000), so not bad! 

P.S - The number one this year (as it is almost every year) was Bohemian Rapsodhy. Here’s the first 10 from this year’s contest:

EAF23271-E52D-414B-86DE-D590044F6BC3.jpeg

The biggest of all 'end of year traditions' in the Netherlands, the Top 2000 :d 

Really happy Roller Coaster pulled off the rare feat of becoming a new mainstay in the top-10 in recent years, fantastic song. On the other hand, much to my disbelief, I realized a song that this year became one of my favourite all-time songs isn't even in the entire list (and only was around position 1000 in the three years it was in the list) :(

I can hardly think of better songs than Family of the Year's Hero. Absolutely beautiful.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 11/6/2022 at 3:40 PM, hckošice said:

It is the next world cup champions time to vote ? I feel a small chance of points here

I just discovered this hidden prophecy hiding within the TISC Open 2022 thread. It seems our friend @hckošice also has access to a time machine :mumble: