website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

Congrats :FRA, this win was due. As was the Top10 placements for :GRE and :CRO. Pretty great results in the context of the history of the contest.

I would like to thank everyone who voted for the Hungarian song. Kinda mediocre result for us considering that we went with a mainstream song this time. Maybe I should go back to experimenting. Or maybe I should just push the Irish emergency button. If you can't beat them, join them!

Congratulations :FRA France for the historic victory! It was an European year with two of the big ones picking up their first victories.

I am so so happy to finally break 100 points and place inside the coveted Top 10, all in one go, after years and years of trying. Thank you everyone for the points, especially @Dragon @Quasit @Wumo @Federer91 for the maximum points and @rybak @Dnl for the bronze medals.

Last year I went against my friends' instincts and entered Vatra's Tango instead of Silence's Terca na tišinu. I didn't really consider going back to Silente since, but after randomly attending their concert in August I just knew I had to enter them finally. There are couple of other Silente's songs which were closely considered for this edition.

Well, can't wait to tell my group that the Top 10 has finally been attained largely thanks to their input.

And finally, hats off to our host @Hipooo for putting the show together and making it all happen. :hatoff:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for our song :wub:

I have to say, after we decided on Marina Kaye's Homeless, I started to have doubts on our choice, and those doubts turned into regret when I listened to all the songs, because I personally felt like the level was high, and I thought "damn, we're going to be at the bottom of the scoreboard, that song will go unnoticed". So this morning when the contest started I had no hopes for a top 10, let alone a victory. So, once again, from the bottom of my heart:

Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

Thank you @Hipooo for a great and entertaining contest :clap:

Congrats Sweden @Belle for 2nd place, and Netherlands @heywoodu for 3rd place :thumbup: And for that stressful battle for the trophy :d

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Congrats :FRA, this win was due. As was the Top10 placements for :GRE and :CRO. Pretty great results in the context of the history of the contest.

I would like to thank everyone who voted for the Hungarian song. Kinda mediocre result for us considering that we went with a mainstream song this time. Maybe I should go back to experimenting. Or maybe I should just push the Irish emergency button. If you can't beat them, join them!

Before the Grand Final I honestly thought Hungary was going to win, I'm sad you didn't get more points :(

I'm completely biased but you deserved more

5 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Before the Grand Final I honestly thought Hungary was going to win, I'm sad you didn't get more points :(

I'm completely biased but you deserved more

No kidding, when I first listened to the :FRA song, I was like: "Yep, that's the winner." But I am so rarely right about the TISC winner that I thought I will be wrong again. I guess I am getting better predicting the contest. :d

Edited by Vektor

4 minutes ago, Cobi said:

I don't know if I made the announcement yet, but I confirm that I will host the Annual edition next year. Hopefully you will have more information regarding dates in January since I need to make sure I will have enough time to prepare everything, but my idea is having the final in mid or late March since I will probably be very busy in April/May, which would make it impossible for me to dedicate enough time to host properly.

Great, having contest in late March might bring more users to the contest who are on forum only following winter sports :)