website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Westlife is very different from The Backstreet Boys though. They do have a couple of songs in that style in the early days even with minimal choreo but Westlife was never really a choreo based pop band. Plus they are still going strong today and all their singers are writing and singing on the albums these days. Some people still refer to them as a “boyband” which is just weird :d 

Anyway I have always liked their music and I have never understood the hate that boy bands get anyway, seems so forced :d

Dont understand me wrong: they are not bad at all but remember me too much to them at least in this song, of course you now a lot better than me.

One of them is similar to Nick Carter :p

13 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I apologize in advance to my team for what will probably be a disaster in the points race… Flying Without Wings is more likely to be “Flopping without a prayer” in the last session :d 

Do you know what happens to people without a prayer??????

No soul for you.

This is third evidence of you being a witch, get him Mariah!

2 minutes ago, konig said:

Dont understand me wrong: they are not bad at all but remember me too much to them at least in this song, of course you now a lot better than me.

Yep, I know what you mean! Their appearance was definitely styled in that typical boyband look in the early years and also *some of their music in the early years was of that style. But they quickly evolved away from just that style and Flying Without Wings is even an early example of that, it’s not really sounding like The Backstreet Boys, not to me at least.

4 minutes ago, konig said:

Speaking of Nick, I just want to send condolences to him and the rest of the Carter family :(

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Do you know what happens to people without a prayer??????

No soul for you.

This is third evidence of you being a witch, get him Mariah!

The only thing melting away is my brain while I am watching the CROvHUN handball match. Please, start the final session so I can focus on something else!

19 minutes ago, Hipooo said:

Try to predict, who will be winner! :) 

I predicted very early on that Caro Emerald would win for NED.

I kind of figured that it would fight for the same points together with France, but seeing that Caro was a proven winner before and that the song stayed in the entirely same lane, I thought it would be a one-sided wash.

I did not expect that France would be such an attractive choice for many nations, but I'll be a man of my word and stick with NED for a never before seen epic last session with 70 points.

Do you like a sweet dinner?

Today I serve sweet "krupicová kaše" - semolina porridge with chocolate and cinnamon :) 

190300krupicova-kase-indruchova.jpg

Krupicová kaše is a Czech term referring to a popular semolina pudding that is cooked in lightly sweetened milk. Although modern varieties are often flavored with cinnamon, rum, raisins, ground walnuts, or fresh fruit, krupicová kaše is typically eaten plain, or simply topped with butter and a sprinkle of sugar and cocoa powder.

It is usually served warm as a hearty breakfast, light afternoon snack, or a sweet, nutritious dinner.

Even boy bands can be fun when you can present them smartly. :p

Spoiler

Especially that part starting at around 4:20 fits really well. Thanks to it Bye Bye Bye has appeared on my Spotify list since. :d

(it's a mix of a lot of boy bands)

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Westlife is very different from The Backstreet Boys though. They do have a couple of songs in that style in the early days even with minimal choreo but Westlife was never really a choreo based pop band. Plus they are still going strong today and all their singers are writing and singing on the albums these days. Some people still refer to them as a “boyband” which is just weird :d 

Anyway I have always liked their music and I have never understood the hate that boy bands get anyway, seems so forced :d

Most of the hate for boy bands comes from men and boy bands are not marketed towards men. Well, used to be anyways, in the very early straight days. 

If you think that boy bands get a lot of hate, you're mostly hanging around men that would gobble up at the opportunity to get that much attention, look as good and make the money that they are making. 

Edit: forgot to add "I'm not like the other girls" category to boy band haters.

Edited by Werloc