website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

10 hours ago, dcro said:

Second champion ever to return.

For the first one, Jazzu, the return didn't go very well... at all.

Well, half of the champion :p

I still have a huge discography of Leon Somov & Jazzu to choose from if I ever feel like committing them back into the contest. 

6 hours ago, dcro said:

I was mostly stunned by the inconsistency of the results with Jazzu. It's as if the voters said: "How dare you enter again?!" :lol:

TISC being TISC, i guess.

EDIT: Oh wait, the Weeknd entered after winning too. The outcome was not that disimlar, though.

I don't blame them though, the song was vastly different from the one that won aaaand it was also in Lithuanian, so that already kills like 25% chance of doing well just by not being in English, from a country with a non influential European language. 

You can get away with French, Italian, Spanish, because that's cultural, but definitely not with Lithuanian :p 

:IRL  IRELAND  :IRL

The Irish delegation are pleased to announce Westlife as the artist to represent Ireland at the 2022 Totallympics Open International Song Contest in Czech Republic.

The band which were formed back in 1998 are still going strong after 24 years, having reformed in 2018 after a seven year break.

I have chosen their 1999 single "Flying Without Wings" as the song to represent Ireland this year.

A beautiful uplifting love song describing that feeling of the heart and body when you are lucky enough to find the thing in your life that makes everything make sense and gives you meaning... be it the love of your life, children, family or a deep friendship.

I hope you enjoy :)

Westlife - Flying Without Wings

Lyrics:

Spoiler

Everybody's looking for that something One thing that makes it all complete You'll find it in the strangest places Places you never knew it could be
Some find it in the face of their children Some find it in their lover's eyes Who can deny the joy it brings When you've found that special thing You're flying without wings

Some find it sharing every morning Some in their solitary nights You'll find it in the words of others A simple line can make you laugh or cry
You find it in the deepest friendship The kind you cherish all your life And when you know how much that means You've found that special thing You're flying without wings

So, impossible as they may seem You've got to fight for every dream 'Cause who's to know Which one you let go Would have made you complete

Well, for me it's waking up beside you To watch the sunrise on your face To know that I can say, "I love you" In any given time or place

It's little things that only I know Those are the things that make you mine And it's like flying without wings 'Cause you're my special thing I'm flying without wings

And you're the place my life begins And you'll be where it ends I'm flying without wings And that's the joy you bring I'm flying without wings

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

I want to put something different this time, but there is always a thing, that speaks to me like "This won't translate well to non-bulgarians" :d

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

B U L G A R I A

Райна и Константин - Ти си ми всичко

Rayna & Konstantin - You are my everything

From 2006 (enjoy 🎶)

Lyrics

Константин:
Зная колко ме обичаш,
но страха във мен шепти.
Във живота става всичко -
можеш друг да срещнеш ти.

Райна:
Точно ти си любовта, която искам,
чуваш ли, чуваш ли...?

Припев:
Райна и Константин:
Всичко започва и свършва със теб.
Ужасно много те обичам.
Не би останало нищо от мен
без теб, ако съм някой ден...

Райна:
Всеки миг живот без тебе
е живот на чернова.
Искам вечно да си с мене,
обещаваш ли това?

Константин:
Точно ти си любовта, която искам,
чуваш ли, чуваш ли...?

Припев: (х2)
Райна и Константин:
Ужасно много те обичам.

Райна:
Ти си ми всичко...
Константин:
Ти си ми всичко...

Припев: (х2)
Райна и Константин:
Ужасно много те обичам.

Райна:
Ти си всичко за мен...

Константин:
Ти си всичко за мен...

Konstantin:
I know how much you love me
but the fear inside me whispers.
Everything happens in life -
you can meet someone else.

Rayna:
You're exactly the love I want
do you hear, do you hear...?

Chorus:
Rayna and Konstantin:
It all starts and ends with you.
I love you so much.
There would be nothing left of me
without you if i am someday...

Rayna:
Every moment of life without you
is a draft life.
I want you to be with me forever
do you promise that?

Konstantin:
You're exactly the love I want
do you hear, do you hear...?

Chorus: (x2)
Raina and Konstantin:
I love you so much.

Rayna:
You're my Everything...
Konstantin:
You're my Everything...

Chorus: (x2)
Rayna and Konstantin:
I love you so much.

Rayna:
You're my Everything...

Konstantin:
You're my Everything...

For this edition i wanted to choose something different, but even i wouldn't have bet, that it will be a pop-folk song. Or a genre of music known here as "chalga" (a.k.a. Balkan pop-folk) and one, which has people in two camps - you are either pro-chalga, or anti-chalga, with very few in the middle.

image.png

I didn't want to go deep with the ethnic sound, so i chose a more neutral love ballad from the duo Rayna and Konstantin. They were once a very beloved and adored real-life couple with a very pure love, until eventually having a heartbreaking separation in 2009. Even to this day this song hits very hard for chalga fans here.

:CAN Canada :CAN 

I tried to keep the song selection Olympic themed, after all we are an Olympic forum. The song that was selected was Canadian Television's theme song for the 2010 Winter Olympics. I have been super busy so haven't gotten a chance to research/post here until now.