website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

:GBR GREAT BRITAIN ENTRY :GBR 

:ENG:WAL:SCO:NIR 

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland nominates as its entry a song that is nearly 50 years old.

From the English Midlands, the group that ruined the hairdressing industry for decades to come.

SLADE - FAR FAR AWAY

Lyrics

I've seen the yellow lights go down the Mississippi I've seen the bridges of the world and they're for real I've had a red light of the wrist Without me even gettin' kissed It still seems so unreal

I've seen the morning in the mountains of Alaska I've seen the sunset in the east and in the west I've sang the glory that was Rome And passed the hound-dog singer's home It still seems for the best

And I'm far, far away With my head up in the clouds And I'm far, far away With my feet down in the crowds Lettin' loose around the world But the call of home is loud Still is loud

I've seen the Paris lights from high upon Montmartre And felt the silence hanging low in No-Man's-Land And all those Spanish nights were fine It wasn't only from the wine It still seems all in hand

And I'm far, far away With my head up in the clouds And I'm far, far away With my feet down in the crowds Lettin' loose around the world But the call of home is loud Still is loud

I've seen the yellow lights go down the Mississippi The grand Bahama island stories carry on And all those arigato smiles Stay in your memory for a while There still seems more to come

And I'm far, far away With my head up in the clouds And I'm far, far away With my feet down in the crowds And I'm far, far away But the sound of home is loud Still is loud

:INA INDONESIA :INA

Ari Lasso - Hampa ("Empty")

Released: 2003

Language: Indonesian

Lyrics

Spoiler
Indonesian English
Kupejamkan mata ini Mencoba 'tuk melupakan Segala kenangan indah Tentang dirimu, tentang mimpiku
Semakin aku mencoba Bayangmu semakin nyata Merasuk hingga ke jiwa Tuhan, tolonglah diriku

Chorus:
Entah di mana dirimu berada Hampa terasa hidupku tanpa dirimu Apakah di sana kau rindukan aku? Seperti diriku yang s'lalu merindukanmu Selalu merindukanmu

Tak bisa aku ingkari Engkaulah satu-satunya Yang bisa membuat jiwaku Yang pernah mati menjadi berarti

Namun kini kau menghilang Bagaikan ditelan bumi Tak pernahkah kau sadari Arti cintamu untukku?

I close my eyes

Trying to forget

All good memories

About you, about my dreams

The more I try

Your shadow is getting real

Penetrate to the soul

God, help me

Chorus:

I don't know where you are

My life feels empty without you

Do you miss me over there?

Like me who always miss you

Always missing you

I can't deny

You're the only one

Who can make my soul

Which had died become meaningful

But now you're gone

As if the Earth swallowed you

Don't you ever realize

What does your love mean to me?

:wNZL: New Zealand :wNZL:

After long deliberation, Able Tasmans finally make appearance at TISC. Highly underrated band from NZ golden era - a mix of Dunedin sound with quirkiness of the band's members. 

Able Tasmans - Hold Me

Lyrics:

I know you're a star
And that you've come very far
But I don't want to hear that, now
Hold me, hold me
I know that you break
You may be even a snake
That now, that now, oh-oh
Don't ask me why
Cause I don't intend to reply
So, I don't want to hear that, now
Hold me, hold me
If that's a sin
Why are you starting to grin?
Now I don't want to hear that, now
That now, that now, oh-oh
I know you're a star
And that you've come very far
Hold me, hold me
I know that you break
You may be even a snake
Hold me, hold me, oh-oh

@Hipooo as host and organizer of the contest and @OlympicIRL as the guru and creator and rule maker of the TISC.

I received an objection regarding my entry.

Thus, I want to officially ask for your opinion on this matter and whether I can keep the given song or I have to change it. In the objection, it was noted that the entry is sung in Slovak by a Slovak band, but as I myself described in my Entry post, it is a "Rock-Pop-style-reworked" cover version of a well-known Polish-Ukrainian folk song (which is also considered a national folk song also in some eastern and northern Slovak mountainous parts), but the fact is that the first mention of the author in the 19th century refers to a Polish composer.

The objection argues, According to the rules, cover versions can participate in TISC but just under the country of origin.

My defense is that :

As it is a cover version of essentially a folk song, sung except in Poland also in today´s Ukraine and in a significant part of today´s Slovakia, I did not consider it such a problem, that is why I entered the competition with it, as you know I try to never broke any rule of this competition, Once I already changed my entry during the Mexico contest for another almost similar issue, thus, I am asking you both for your opinion on this situation.

Thank you.

:wPOR: Portugal :wPOR:

Did you know that in Portugal there is this ancient tradition (based from our student city, Coimbra) where university students dress in special clothes like this?

image.png

If you walk through any Portuguese big city during September/October you'll see hundreds of students dressed like this, and a fun fact is that it was actually this traditional clothes that inspired the Harry Potter's world Hogwarts vests.

I'm bringing this story because, apart from dressing like this, students get organised in traditional Portuguese university musical groups, called Tunas Académicas, where they go play and sing across the country during the school year.

So this year Portugal proudly presents a truly traditional Portuguese song, from the University Student music group of my own University (IST), which is called TUIST (Tuna Universitária do IST).

P.S - I was actually in the audience during this video's show (thousands of years ago haha :old:)

TUIST - Se um dia não houver luar

10 hours ago, hckošice said:

@Hipooo as host and organizer of the contest and @OlympicIRL as the guru and creator and rule maker of the TISC.

I received an objection regarding my entry.

Thus, I want to officially ask for your opinion on this matter and whether I can keep the given song or I have to change it. In the objection, it was noted that the entry is sung in Slovak by a Slovak band, but as I myself described in my Entry post, it is a "Rock-Pop-style-reworked" cover version of a well-known Polish-Ukrainian folk song (which is also considered a national folk song also in some eastern and northern Slovak mountainous parts), but the fact is that the first mention of the author in the 19th century refers to a Polish composer.

The objection argues, According to the rules, cover versions can participate in TISC but just under the country of origin.

My defense is that :

As it is a cover version of essentially a folk song, sung except in Poland also in today´s Ukraine and in a significant part of today´s Slovakia, I did not consider it such a problem, that is why I entered the competition with it, as you know I try to never broke any rule of this competition, Once I already changed my entry during the Mexico contest for another almost similar issue, thus, I am asking you both for your opinion on this situation.

Thank you.

Thanks for the detailed message. I'll take a look into it and we'll figure it out :yes

:POL Poland :POL

Below I present 2022 TOISC entry from Poland. I'm hoping that you will like it. Enjoy!

Dolina Cieni - W Nieznane

Lyrics in English (fr0m google translate)

Spoiler

This time of constant wandering tired living souls

How many more fights on the way to the house full of honey and lilt

Like a wolf, exhausted by pursuit, the ravenous hunger is dying

With the last breath shouted out all the brothers at once

(Growling)

Go forward through the world, lead into the unknown

Our time of a great journey full of loot and gold fights

Go ahead, we will be famous, rich,

the Gods are with us, full of our honor

Away from homes with the spark of adventure drenched in our own blood

Not all of them will come back, the glory to their souls will always be remembered

It is not time for tears, take the sword my brother and fight

Don't look back, we have a long and murderous road ahead of us

(Growling)

Go forward through the world, lead into the unknown

Our time of a great journey full of loot and gold fights

Go ahead, we will be famous, rich,

the Gods are with us, full of our honor x2