website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2022

Totallympics

19 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Which begs the question why target the eights if you have a shortage of suitable athletes? I always think of two and four boats as being Italy's speciality.

I don't know why? it's this current coaching stuff that's particularly obsessed...and yeah, ouyr strenght has always been in the 2 and 4-man boats (other than the lightweights)...

p.s. but I still dream of a single sculler on top of the Olympic podium (actually, we won a lot of junior world gold medals in the single sculls, but we always moved them to double and/or quadruple sculls before they can even think of a career in the singles)...

21 hours ago, rybak said:

Terrible results from Polish rowers, its pathetic...

the quadruple scullers don't agree at all...:p

by the way, I'm really disappointed with Italy only getting bronze in this race...

basically, it's the most unsuccessful championship for Italy in many years...only 2 olympic boats in the A finals...luckily, they both won medals, but still, the M4X should have done better...

Hopefully Zoe and Sanita can squeeze onto the podium tomorrow in the women’s double but it will be tough. Disappointed by the women’s four with no medal here. I think the changing of the line-up so late in the season didn’t help at all. Hopefully they will have a more settled line-up next year and can get back up there with the best.

Otherwise it’s been a fantastic championships for us with new combinations coming into the mix and young crews showing potential for the future.

The men’s four in particular have impressed me. We haven’t had representation in this class in the last Olympic cycle and now we have a young crew of average age of 21 making it to the B final and finishing second, 8th overall. Hopefully they can push on strongly in the next couple of years.