website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

Whelp, time to back to ignoring baseball :p

It’s not personally my cup of tea, but this tournament was undeniably a breath of fresh air for the sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, owenp_23 said:

Now they go back to being teammates.:d

Ohtani should put the trophy in the locker room next to Trout’s stall :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

I would love if MLB would release players in 2028 when the Olympics are in LA to a real event

I have always thought baseball should be an Olympic sport, but comparing the Tokyo 2020 tournament to the World Baseball Classic this year, I would rather have a high-level competition like the WBC every two/three years than a bunch of minor leaguers trying to win an Olympic medal.

10 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I would love if MLB releases players for 2028, but I doubt they would.

Also they really need more than 6 teams competing. There's no reason why 12 teams can't compete (besides the arbitrary athlete quota :p )

with boxing being axed (and maybe not only boxing), here we have room for 6 more baseball and softball teams than in Tokyo...:whistle:

in any case, this tournament has been such a great advertising for the sport of Baseball.

I really hope it can grow also outside the traditional Countries.

about last Night's game, well, just another amazing match, with perfect ending that even the best Hollywood's director couldn't do better.

now I just can't wait for the start of the regular season in both MLB and NPB (and KBO, too).

3 hours ago, phelps said:

with boxing being axed (and maybe not only boxing), here we have room for 6 more baseball and softball teams than in Tokyo...:whistle:

Baseball5??

Youth, urban, mixed gender. Sounds like an Olympic sport to me.