website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Following the Roar of the Rings, or whatever it's called now, the Tim Hortons because it's Canada and curling so of course it's Tim Hortons Curling Trials.  Just hoping Canada can redeem itself from the embarrassment of Pyeongchang.  For that reason, I'm rooting for any rink that has an Olympic gold medal in their pocket: Jones on the women's side and Jacobs or Gushue on the men's.  They all look to make the playoffs now.  I don't want to root against anyone, but I watched Koe in person at the semi-finals in 2018 and he looked completely confused.  Obviously he does have great international performances under his belt, and 4th at the Olympics isn't anything to sneeze at.  

I look forward to hopefully seeing some curling live here in Beijing this February, but the Ice Cube is limited to 2000 spectators, so I doubt a mere mortal like me will be able to get tickets.  Then again it's curling, but China is not terrible so we'll see.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys and Merry Christmas!

I would like to hear from you if you want the Canadian subdomain to be created, where you can have sections for each sport and which hopefully will bring more Canadian olympic fans on the forum. I plan to do it before the Winter Olympics so you can already use that during the Games in february and then switch the focus on Paris 2024.

What would you like to be the link of that? It will be in the form of XYZ.totallympics.com, so you will have to choose what XYZ will be.

Thanks!

Since the Olympic trials in speed skating are cancelled the process for selecting the team is up in the air, but this is more or less what I expect it to look like based on results this Fall:

Laurent Dubreuil: 500, 1000
Alex Boisvert-Lacroix: 500
Connor Howe: 1000. 1500, TP
Antoine Gélinas-Beaulieu: 1000, MS
Tyson Langelaar: 1500, TP
Ted-Jan Bloemen: 5000, 10000, TP
Graeme Fish: 10000
Jordan Belchos: MS, TP

Marsha Hudey: 500
Kaylin Irvine: 500
Brooklyn McDougall: 500
Maddison Pearman: 1000
Valérie Maltais: 1000, 3000, MS, TP
Ivanie Blondin: 1500, 3000, 5000, MS, TP
Isabelle Weidemann: 1500, 3000, 5000, TP
Alexa Scott could be selected in the 1000 or 1500 to give Blondin, Weidemann or Maltais a rest and/or as the alternate for the team pursuit.