website statistics

Sport in the UK this month

Grassmarket

IFSC World Cup in Edinburgh will go ahead according to a statement from the IFSC.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

The rest of Tour of Britain has been cancelled.

Ugh.

I get they'd start with a minute of silence or something, but cancelling the entire thing? Anyway I'd be surprised if Brits all over the world in all kinds of sports would suddenly withdraw. What are they gonna do instead, make a photo so they can show on Instagram how affected they are?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Ugh.

I get they'd start with a minute of silence or something, but cancelling the entire thing? Anyway I'd be surprised if Brits all over the world in all kinds of sports would suddenly withdraw. What are they gonna do instead, make a photo so they can show on Instagram how affected they are?

I think Sunday's stage on the Isle of Wight was scheduled to feature one the Royal Palaces so....the stage in Scotland on Monday actually went through the village of Balmoral where the Queen died.

4 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I think Sunday's stage on the Isle of Wight was scheduled to feature one the Royal Palaces so....the stage in Scotland on Monday actually went through the village of Balmoral where the Queen died.

Right, cancelling that Isle of Wight stage makes sense then. And thinking better, cancelling it just because of the death seems like something one might doubt about, but obviously it's especially because of logistical reasons: think police personell and such which will have understandably different tasks from now on for a while.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ugh.

I guess the main problem might be concerning the police not being up to capacity because they are necessary elsewhere?