website statistics

Ski Jumping FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Hopefully this will be the first and last snowless weekend we have. Frankly i would take having no starts at all, instead of this charade.

Good win for Kubacki and Poland i guess, after his disastrous last season. Slovenia on the other hand nowhere to be seen.

Yeah, I think the Greenie fanatics are coming for artificial & warehoused snow.  It’ll kill the sport.

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, I think the Greenie fanatics are coming for artificial & warehoused snow.  It’ll kill the sport.

Correct. Even an old-timer like Apoloniusz Tajner (ex-HC & boss of Polish federation) said this week that he thinks in 20 years time there will be no ski jumping on snow anymore :coffee:

6 hours ago, Vektor said:

How was this included in the World Cup calendar? It makes no sense to me, this should be a Summer Grand Prix event if you don't have any snow. It's not a winter sport if it's all green. 

It was a FIS experiment, the inrun was frozen so it's different as the SGP, it's an hybrid event :evil: On paper, there should have been two synthetic races, but Germany refused to host the race as Titisee-Neustadt had already stored the snow.

Yeah, Westman has one of the worst landings out there and always gives up style points BUT she can only improve on that!

First podium for :SWE in ski jumping World Cup since March 1992!!!

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=JP&competitorid=38148&raceid=647#results