website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

On 12/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, Grassmarket said:

Correction!  Fil-Luge is now transmitted on YouTube.  And we start with the Women's Doubles.

(2833) FIL Luge - YouTube

Oh wow, dream came true :hyper: 

I haven't seen a single run yet, and was not really looking forward to going through the spoiler-ridden Olympic website's maze to try and find the right videos, but this will make it a whole lot easier :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ninis So close of Top 10 :hyper: (Well, in theory it is a Top 10, even a Top 6 in the Sprint, but I have hard time to take this sprint stuff seriously, the classical individual race is more prestigious :))

Also nice 13th place to start the season for Veverčák/Zmij, I really wish a good season for them, they had to pass very hard times after what they did to our relay in Beijing :(

I notice on YouTube that we are now going to be treated to an official FIL pre-game show!  In fact two! :cheer: I’m guessing some sort of coverage of the Nations Cup, plus celebrity interviews (well, to the extent that those luge riders who haven’t done TV reality shows are celebrities).

This feels like there's a luge game where you can't change the name of the player, so you're listed as 'You' :d 

image.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Park City is hosting this week. I will definitely tune in as it is a nice track not seen very often.

But what a dreadful season this appears to be. Men's singles field must be at the record low. There are like 10 more spare places left unclaimed in the Nations Cup. And don't get me started on the women's doubles. Grand total of 8 crews, 5 of whom contain athletes from singles. Totally not worthy of the Olympic inclusion. Britcher/Sweeney qualified for the WC in Park City by virtue of getting DQ'd in the NC race. :wacko:

They didn't even include women's doubles in the relay last week. I guess there would be no point in having like 2 teams. :p

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Ninis 8th in the Singles :yes Was even leading after 1st run lol

He’s aged like fine wine :toast:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Rare Swedish and Ukrainian podium places in today's Nations Cup races. Slovak podium as well :cheer: @hckošice

https://www.fil-luge.org/en/news/nations-cup-victories-for-sandra-robatscher-langenhan-and-rieder-kainzwaldner-in-sigulda-lat

Edited by heywoodu