website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

Hopefully the absence of some big names won't make the competitions less exciting, because so far this year they have been fantastic. Especially Beitostølen was one of the better weekends of competition of the past year :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Hopefully the absence of some big names won't make the competitions less exciting, because so far this year they have been fantastic. Especially Beitostølen was one of the better weekends of competition of the past year :d 

Sundling and Svahn in Scandinavium cup this weekend. Soon we have them with Dahlqvist and Ribom again in a stronges sprint team than ever!

Andersson still covid.

karlsson decided not to go to high altitude for only one distanse race. Swedish team is usually not good there anyway😅

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Also the first ever Iranian woman starting in a World Cup race :) (and the fourth ever Iranian World Cup start overall, after two men's starts in 2014 and one in 2010)

I'm fairly certain this isn't the biggest Iranian sports news in history :p But still a mention for @MHSN for this little factoid.

good for her, nobody will never know that she finished last in a World Cup race. :yes

she probably lives in Europe at the moment (or permanently) Iran Ski Fed would never send anybody to a World Cup and there is not a single line in their website about it.

14 hours ago, MHSN said:

good for her, nobody will never know that she finished last in a World Cup race. :yes

she probably lives in Europe at the moment (or permanently) Iran Ski Fed would never send anybody to a World Cup and there is not a single line in their website about it.

She will very likely go to the world championships I assume, as she did the previous four times, so if Bruna goes as well, I'll ask her to see if she can find her somewhere and talk a bit. I'm curious about people from non-traditional countries in cross-country skiing :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tena Hadžić earns the expected 36th place. I am 99.9% sure these must be the first ever XC skiing WC points for us.

One time we came really close, but all things considered, this 34th place was rather an embarrassment. It was a missed opportunity which perhaps still haunts him. :p

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=12715

#banbestmen

Chiccoooo!!! :bowdown: :champion:

Finally, :ITA Pellegrino beats :NOR Klaebo in a direct match-up in a Sprint race.

Today it's really the Italian fest in the wonderful world of Winter sports (I'm not going to write anything more than this to avoid any spoiler...but I still can't believe what happened in the last few hours)... :popcorn: :toast: