website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

They are handing points to Top 50 skiers now? Woah. Guess FIS really has no ideas how to even pretend cross country is competitive anymore. With 12 Norwegians and 8 Swedes crowding out the Top 30 on a daily basis I guess they threw a bone for the minnows who can "celebrate" winning 2 points for 49th place. What a joke :lol:

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

They are handing points to Top 50 skiers now? Woah. Guess FIS really has no ideas how to even pretend cross country is competitive anymore. With 12 Norwegians and 8 Swedes crowding out the Top 30 on a daily basis I guess they threw a bone for the minnows who can "celebrate" winning 2 points for 49th place. What a joke :lol:

I like this. :d

The main reason why I stopped caring about XC skiing is the oversaturation of the few powerhouses. Not that this will help others reach their level, but at least it will bring some interest to me, as opposed to tuning in just to see which of the countless Norwegians will win today. :p

#banbestmen

In women's cross-country skiing, I don't even see the problem as big. There really only Neprayeva falls out. Especially in the distance field, Niskanen and Parmakoski, Brennan and Diggins, as well as some Germans and Stadlober are competitive next to the Swedes and Norwegians. 
Only in the men's race it's almost only the Norwegians. But the women's races should be quite exciting, especially now that Johaug is gone maybe even more exciting. 

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

With Russia banned I guess we'll only see Norwegian & Swedish flags in this thread. I doubt anyone will be watching that :coffee:

You have been saying "Nobody watches" for years now, yet apparently people are still watching. I know I will, no less than before. Cross-country skiing :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You have been saying "Nobody watches" for years now, yet apparently people are still watching. I know I will, no less than before. Cross-country skiing :cheer: 

I stopped watching this sport full-time around after 2014. Even cricket has more nations winning these days. I only watch cc skiing at World Champs or Olympics. The countless sprints just wear me out and I never liked the distance mass starts. But hey, this is what TV wants. 10 km mass starts are truly the dumbest idea ever but hey, if you enjoy them then go ahead and watch. For me it's a complete waste of time.

21 minutes ago, dcro said:

Top 20 for :EST Himma out of nowhere.

Let's see if he will get busted for EPO like some other Estonians who had made similar breakthroughs through the seasons...

And when we’re talking about the small nations, a good day for :IRL, 16th!