website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

And let's not forget Mari Eder (Laukkanen) also bidding farewell!

That finish area celebration almost got me in tears, why would you do that to me :cry: Definitely one of the most emotional moments in biathlon since I started watching it.

Edited by BlueWhiteJerry

Final World Cup standings for women:

1. Simon 1093

2. Wierer 911

3. Vittozzi 882

4. Herrmann-Wick 874

5. E. Oeberg 764

6. Tandrevold 731

7. H. Oeberg 710

8. Chevalier-Bouchet 670

9. Davidova 668

10. Hauser 604

51. Żuk 82

64. Jakieła 36

77. Mąka 15

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Final World Cup standings for women:

1. Simon 1093

2. Wierer 911

3. Vittozzi 882

4. Herrmann-Wick 874

5. E. Oeberg 764

6. Tandrevold 731

7. H. Oeberg 710

8. Chevalier-Bouchet 670

9. Davidova 668

10. Hauser 604

51. Żuk 82

64. Jakieła 36

77. Mąka 15

Roiseland finished 15th with 502 points despite only competing in 11 individual races. If she would have competed in all races while maintaining the same point average, she would have finished second in the standings. Kebinger finished 25th with 249 points despite only competing in 8 individual races. If she would have competed in all races while maintaining the same point average, she would finished 10th (or 11th if Marte would have competed in all races) in the standings.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Next season is going to be interesting. I wonder how Tandervold will handle being the leader of the Norwegian team. Who will lead Germany in the standings. Will Oebergs finally win the overall globe. Will Soukalova return (there were hints that she might, Czechs are hosting the world championship after all). Will Anamarija Lampič get better at shooting? And there's loads more questions. Exciting season ahead for sure. 

25 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Next season is going to be interesting. I wonder how Tandervold will handle being the leader of the Norwegian team. Who will lead Germany in the standings. Will Oebergs finally win the overall globe. Will Soukalova return (there were hints that she might, Czechs are hosting the world championship after all). Will Anamarija Lampič get better at shooting? And there's loads more questions. Exciting season ahead for sure. 

Interesting comparison between Lampic and Herrmann:

Lampic finished 48th in the standings this season with 91 points in 7 races (13 points/race). Herrmann also finished 48th in her first world cup season (2016/2017, 115 points in 9 races -> 12.8 points/race). Lampic twice finished 5th in the sprint this season. Herrmann had an 18th place as her best result in her first world cup season. Lampic was roughly half a year younger than Herrmann was during her first season. In her second season Herrmann finished 12th in the world cup standings and had her first two world cup wins.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, FireRun said:

Next season is going to be interesting. I wonder how Tandervold will handle being the leader of the Norwegian team. . 

In all the 25 years I’ve been watching biathlon, the second-place Norwegian woman has always stepped up when her senior retired.