website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

36 minutes ago, IoNuTzZ said:

And the second one is Dennise Hermann :GER 

Eckhoff and Wierer might follow. Should be difficult for Germany/Norway to challenge France/Sweden in the near future. I think France and Sweden will be tier 1, while Norway, Germany, Italy and the Czech Republic will be tier 2.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Eckhoff and Wierer might follow. Should be difficult for Germany/Norway to challenge France/Sweden in the near future. I think France and Sweden will be tier 1, while Norway, Germany, Italy and the Czech Republic will be tier 2.

Both Chevalier‘s also might end their career, especially Anais.

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

Both Chevalier‘s also might end their career, especially Anais.

Will be interesting to see how all the teams look at the start of next season. Germany already lost Hermann and Hinz, maybe Preuß will follow. Kebinger, Voigt, Schneider and Grotian should be pretty safe. The 2 other spots should be between Hettich, Frühwirth, Spark, maybe Preuß and hopefully Tannheimer.

Norway: Hopefully Eckhoff, Tandrevold, Kirkeeide, Kalkenberg, ?, ?

Sweden: E. Öberg, H. Öberg, Persson, Brorsson, Magnusson, Skottheim?

Italy: Wierer, Vitozzi, Auchentaller, Passler, Comola, Carrara

France: Simon, Jeanmonnot, Chevalier, Chevalier-Bouchet, Colombo, Chauveau/Richard/Bondoux

I think France is the only nation with at least 6 women who could regularly fight for the top 10. It looks as if all nations except France and Sweden might have trouble even finding 4 solid athletes.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Will be interesting to see how all the teams look at the start of next season. Germany already lost Hermann and Hinz, maybe Preuß will follow. Kebinger, Voigt, Schneider and Grotian should be pretty safe. The 2 other spots should be between Hettich, Frühwirth, Spark, maybe Preuß and hopefully Tannheimer.

Norway: Hopefully Eckhoff, Tandrevold, Kirkeeide, Kalkenberg, ?, ?

Sweden: E. Öberg, H. Öberg, Persson, Brorsson, Magnusson, Skottheim?

Italy: Wierer, Vitozzi, Auchentaller, Passler, Comola, Carrara

France: Simon, Jeanmonnot, Chevalier, Chevalier-Bouchet, Colombo, Chauveau/Richard/Bondoux

I think France is the only nation with at least 6 women who could regularly fight for the top 10. It looks as if all nations except France and Sweden might have trouble even finding 4 solid athletes.

:NOR : Knotten is a reliable athlete, low ceiling but strong enough to make the cut and a secure option for the relays. I reckon Arnekleiv has guaranteed herself a spot now. Then Lien, Johansen, Erdal, Femsteinevik.

:SWE : They have been very cautious with Tilda Johansson but I think it's time she makes it to the WC team. Brorsson is 32 and her form this year has been underwhelming. Skottheim is a tad younger, it seems she's in the staff's good graces but her shape is highly inconsistent and the good results very scarce lately. Will they try to make some room for Sara Andersson, whose development this year has not been as expected ?

:ITA : Carrara's shooting is still erratic, but her speed could make up for it ... if no one emerges. Zingerle has stalled, Fauner, Trabucchi or Scattolo are too soft at the moment.

:FRA : Braisaz will be back. So her, Simon, ACB (but she could well call it a career this week), Chevalier (who talked about retiring last year, she probably changed her mind with this "breakthrough" season) and Jeanmonnot. Chauveau and Colombo (fast skiers but not quite reliable on the range) will be in balance with Botet and Guigonnat (WC ceiling seems high for her but same applied for Jeanmonnot and look where she's now). Richard could get in the mix, but not before Autumn. Same goes for Bondoux, not precise enough.