website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

For the Lithuanian context,woohoo once again three Lithuanians in the pursuit,super glad Tomas finally made it in,the last time he competed in the pursuit was actually in the 2018 games.extreamly pleased with Dombrovsky scoring points by shooting perfectly,hope the pursuit goes great aswell,Fomin is progressing and can now  fight for top 60 in every sprint with perfect or near perfect shooting,And i'm confident that Strolia can put in a good shooting performance to climb up quite a few places tomorrow,overall the team for the second time scored over 300 world cup points,so today as a whole was not bad at for Lithuanian biathlon.

42 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

A first time ever,at least as far as the men go apparently.

On French TV they said it happened once in the 90's, but I sadly don't remember the biathlete's name, it ended in -ov I think (yes I'm sorry for the bad memory :lol:)

3 hours ago, Bohemia said:

On French TV they said it happened once in the 90's, but I sadly don't remember the biathlete's name, it ended in -ov I think (yes I'm sorry for the bad memory :lol:)

No worries about the memory.I did a search and found Vladimir Drachev,he did win four in a row,those were the last four sprints of the season tough,he had one third place finish in the first three,that four sprint run looks to be why he won the world cup that season too.

Edited by Biathlonfan

On 1/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, SalamAkhi said:

Great showing from Maya Cloetens :BEL nearly getting points in a sprint with 8/10 on her debut ... 

After already getting several 2nd place finishes in the IBU Cup, the level directly beneath the World Cup!

Spoiler

According to the Dutch commentator at least, former World Cup athlete Herbert Cool. Confused with the Junior Cup I think :p Not to be negative about him though, he is absolutely an excellent commentator, always fun to listen to and definitely knows what he's talking about, this was just a tiny hick-up :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!