website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Going back some time, I remember Miriam Gossner & Katja Wilhelm who did the same thing in their first year post-transfer.  Wilhem’s shooting got better, but Gossner never did.

I think Neuner and Disl as well.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

For the Germans it didn't work at all today in terms of running. The Swedish and French skaters were compactly ahead. 
Lampic was outstanding, of course.

Agreed, much worse than last week. Even Hermann wasn't super quick. Frühwirt has to be gone, Hettich or Grotian should replace her.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Stina Nilsson might have one biathlon podium but it is chocking to compare her transition with Lampic:hyper:Will be far behind Lampic with one penalty less today.

Maybe she focused on shooting a bit too much.

4 hours ago, FireRun said:

Finally we have someone after Teja Gregorin. 

Lena Repinc crying forgotten in a corner... :/ 

Lampic coming to the sport is huge, especially with the ski speed she's showing, but Repinc is a very promising junior, and with how many capable athletes Slovenia is pushing through junior cup, I see a very nice improvement in your future biathlon.

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Going back some time, I remember Miriam Gossner & Katja Wilhelm who did the same thing in their first year post-transfer.  Wilhem’s shooting got better, but Gossner never did.

Gossner during her best season was a joy to watch.

Still saddened how her career turned out post-injury :( 

3 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

You know,i can ignore our women being god awful on most days,it's really more irritating when you see an Estonian female in the top 20,and it doesn't seem like anyone is coming up from the youth or juniors here either.

If you want to get even more mad, well then Tomingas and Leščinskaitė were all time rivals from a young age and they were always evenly matched.

But Gabrielė had many health issues that have stumped her growth and did damage to her motivation.

Last season was the first time that she trained full time and she reached all of her best performances in years.

This time though she struggled again, started summer training WAY after everybody else had already trained for months.

So it's not looking good at all.

Wonder with what kind of form Augulytė is going to come back, but seeing DNS today in junior cup, it's going to be very bad after sickness, since she was never fast on her skis anyways.

Žiurauskaitė injured, but Kresik had a sprint with 156 IBU qualifying points, so if Žiurauskaitė didn't have that fall, we might have seen a Lithuanian women's relay after all at the World Champs. 

Edited by Werloc

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

If you want to get even more mad, well then Tomingas and Leščinskaitė were all time rivals from a young age and they were always evenly matched.

But Gabrielė had many health issues that have stumped her growth and did damage to her motivation.

Last season was the first time that she trained full time and she reached all of her best performances in years.

This time though she struggled again, started summer training WAY after everybody else had already trained for months.

So it's not looking at all.

Wonder with what kind of form Augulytė is going to come back, but seeing DNS today in junior cup, it's going to be very bad after sickness, since she was never fast on her skis anyways.

Žiurauskaitė injured, but Kresik had a sprint with 156 IBU qualifying points, so if Žiurauskaitė didn't have that fall, we might have seen a Lithuanian women's relay after all at the World Champs. 

I can't cheer for 51st place,sorry i just can't,the 19th place in the individual in Italy was impressive but that's about it.I hope for much better tomorrow[meaning Vytautas mostly,but after that relay i suppose i'm more positive  for the rest of them].I would definitely love to see Fomin succeed but he's gonna start in 103,soooo not sure how that's gonna turn out,but would love to see him make top 60.

Edited by Biathlonfan

17 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Gossner during her best season was a joy to watch.

Still saddened how her career turned out post-injury :( 

Two things many people probably don't remember:

1) She almost singlehandedly carried the german relay to a silver medal at the 2009 cross-country skiing world championships while still being 18 years old (and she also won a silver medal in the cross-country relay at the 2010 olympics).

2) At the 2013 cross-country skiing world championships she finished 4th in the 10 km freestyle race, only 0.5 seconds behind bronze, only a week after competing at the biathlon world championships.

To me the biggest what-if isn't what she could have done in biathlon, but what she could have done in cross-country skiing if she would have fully focused on it. I think if she would have been norwegian, she would have focused on cross-country skiing and could have become one of the best athletes of her generation.

14 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

I can't cheer for 51st place,sorry i just can't,the 19th place in the individual in Italy was impressive but that's about it.I hope for much better tomorrow[meaning Vytautas mostly,but after that relay i suppose i'm more positive  for the rest of them].I would definitely love to see Fomin succeed but he's gonna start in 103,soooo not sure how that's gonna turn out,but would love to see him make top 60.

I'm not really hopeful for many :p

Prior to the season, I thought that Fomin was looking good, but it doesn't seem that the ski speed and shooting is translating in a world cup.

Banys is way underleveled even when we compare his form to last season.

Kaukėnas looks slightly better than last year, but still not good enough, still the same shooting mistakes in the stand that we've seen for a decade.

Karol doesn't look too great either, Cigak looks weaker than last season, Romanov and Mačkinė look a bit better, but probably not better than Banys right now.

I hoped for more improvement, I guess I'm going to hope a bit more that it will get better as the season goes on.

But having these average top 70 performances with Russia and Belarus out is absolutely damning. 

16 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'm not really hopeful for many :p

Prior to the season, I thought that Fomin was looking good, but it doesn't seem that the ski speed and shooting is translating in a world cup.

Banys is way underleveled even when we compare his form to last season.

Kaukėnas looks slightly better than last year, but still not good enough, still the same shooting mistakes in the stand that we've seen for a decade.

Karol doesn't look too great either, Cigak looks weaker than last season, Romanov and Mačkinė look a bit better, but probably not better than Banys right now.

I hoped for more improvement, I guess I'm going to hope a bit more that it will get better as the season goes on.

But having these average top 70 performances with Russia and Belarus out is absolutely damning. 

Well then,let's hope Vytautas has another amazing season then.