website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Johann Passler won 3 World Cup races in his career and took bronze medal in 1988 OG individual.

unfortunately most people remember him for throwing away the gold medal in the individual race in Albertville 1992, when he entered the last shooting needing only 3/5 to win gold and 2/5 to earn at least a silver/bronze medal, but he hit only 1/5 :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Werloc said:

Italian men will be doing great too, Italy really had very many successful junior years, now they need a couple more years to develop the youngsters in the World Cup. 

I stand by my statement still. 

there's not enough skiing talent and, worse, there are no good skiing coaches in our men's Biathlon...

the women, instead, have a lot more chances to develop a good team, but so far Passler, Auchentaller and Zingerle have been really disappointing and haven't done a decent transition to the senior ranks, yet.

still, I hope they can slowly improve up to Wierer and Vittozzi's level one day (possibly by the 2026 Olympics).

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

there's not enough skiing talent and, worse, there are no good skiing coaches in our men's Biathlon...

the women, instead, have a lot more chances to develop a good team, but so far Passler, Auchentaller and Zingerle have been really disappointing and haven't done a decent transition to the senior ranks, yet.

still, I hope they can slowly improve up to Wierer and Vittozzi's level one day (possibly by the 2026 Olympics).

Perhaps I'm more lenient with the time frame of the transition.

I believe that Bionaz, Giacomel, Passler and others are making a nice transition.

I much more prefer my athletes start peaking at 25-ish, less chance of burning out and fading away quickly and better for character growth.

I think they are in a very good place for their age, seeing as it is only their second world cup season. And only the very start of it. 

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Perhaps I'm more lenient with the time frame of the transition.

I believe that Bionaz, Giacomel, Passler and others are making a nice transition.

I much more prefer my athletes start peaking at 25-ish, less chance of burning out and fading away quickly and better for character growth.

I think they are in a very good place for their age, seeing as it is only their second world cup season. And only the very start of it. 

maybe you're right, but still I expected more from the girls.

Giacomel instead is already good on the skis, but he has too many problems with his shooting (and I fear our coaches are trying to change his natural shooting pace, slowing him down, which is not a good idea...so far, actually, they're making him a mess at the shooting range).

however, we have time until our home Olympics...let's see if they can build up, slowly but steadily...or if they will be more wasted talents, as it happened with some guys of the previous generation.

39 minutes ago, phelps said:

unfortunately most people remember him for throwing away the gold medal in the individual race in Albertville 1992, when he entered the last shooting needing only 3/5 to win gold and 2/5 to earn at least a silver/bronze medal, but he hit only 1/5 :facepalm:

I think you are speaking about Andreas Zingerle 

Excellent 28th place (tied with two others) for Baiba :cheer:

And Anna in 5th, wow :hyper::hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, Andry84 said:

I think you are speaking about Andreas Zingerle 

yes, you're right! :yes

I always mess them up because it was Passler that came close to the gold medal with 4 mistakes (with 3 he would have won easily), but he made them all in the first 3 shooting sessions, meanwhile Zingerle missed (all) 4 in the last round, but he would have won only if had made 2 mistakes or less and not with 3 missed shots. :facepalm:

Finally,i'm back here,well my username doesn't really feel that true anymore but oh well,to the topic....

I'm loving How much Strolia is kicking ass and how confident he is,it is sooooooooooo good to have a winter athlete from here that just goes and says : ''Coach,i'm not satisfied with 22 place anymore''.God, it feels like i been flunged to a parellel dimension.

From 22 to 11 with one miss shot[i cannot wait for the first time he hits 20 out of 20,i fully believe he can do it in this season],and actually had to make Quentin work to keep his ten place and didn't allow doll to get anywhere near him.Yeah,sorry i'm just in full disagreement with all of you,this season could not be anymore fun for me right now. 

Edited by penthatlonfan