website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

Rough for Mona Brorsson :( Swedish women's team is the hardest to get into at this moment. 

I think she is still recovering from illness.  I might be mistaking her with someone else ... but I did remember reading an article about her.

16 hours ago, Werloc said:

Vanessa Hinz quit, injured or demoted?

Edit: nevermind, saw her in ibu cup thread

Hinz was sick and injured in the preparation, and could not prevail against Frühwirth, Schneider and Weidel in the test races now. Therefore, she must first in the IBU Cup.

US Team

Deedra Irwin (Pulaski, WI) - National Guard Biathlon Team

Joanne Reid (Grand Junction, CO)

Kelsey Dickinson (Winthrop, WA) - Craftsbury Green Racing Project

Chloe Levins (Rutland, VT)

Tara Geraghty-Moats (West Fairlee, VT) - Craftsbury Green Racing Project

Jake Brown (St. Paul, MN) - Craftsbury Green Racing Project

Sean Doherty (Center Conway, NH) - National Guard Biathlon

Vaclav Cervenka (Grand Rapids, MN) - National Guard Biathlon

Maxime Germain (Chamonix-Mont Blanc, FRA) - National Guard Biathlon

Paul Schommer is out of the first few weeks due to a bone bruise.

Edited by RobtheAggie

On 11/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, Grassmarket said:

This is weird - Eurosport / Discovery schedules for next week do not show any biathlon.  Surely nobody is going to do anything stupid….:question:

Seems there have been intense last minute negotiations going on.  Think of the cemetery gunfight scene in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.  Anyway, deal done.  :surprise:

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/international-biathlon-union-world-cup-tv-rights-eurosport-discovery/

49 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Seems there have been intense last minute negotiations going on.  Think of the cemetery gunfight scene in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.  Anyway, deal done.  :surprise:

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/international-biathlon-union-world-cup-tv-rights-eurosport-discovery/

Discovery have done a lot of stupid things, so it wouldn't have been surprising for me. Thankfully we have dodged the gunslinger this time, but the article didn't specify how long is the "multi-year deal"

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

it should be 4 years, through the 2025/2026 season (but the only article naming the lenght of the agreement is behind a pay-wall, so I can't read it in its entirety).

:ITA Lukas Hofer is out of the 1st World Cup stage (and maybe even more than that) because he has an inflammation of the tibial tendon of the left leg. :cry:

he also had a lot of troubles through the whole Summer, so I fear it's gonna be a very difficult season for him (and considering that Windisch and Bormolini stopped their career at the end of last season, I fear it's gonna be a very difficult season for the whole Italian men's team). :facepalm: