website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2022

Totallympics

nope, Nothing goes our way in this tournament :cry: I can't believe how many close matches we lost despite having the lead late in the match. Zare just had to do nothing to beat a desperate Akgul instead he went for a stupid attack in last 20 seconds and gave up a TD. it was 100% guaranteed gold medal with Geno losing to Mongolia in the other SF.

looking forward for Yazdani/Taylor tomorrow, but I expect another disappointment.

US is completely dominating the freestyle competition. they had 3 in the final yesterday and now 3 more in the semifinal today (and I believe all of them will make it to the final)

in general they just lost one match so far (125kg to Geno Petriashvili)

I already said it in the Early Prediction thread and I will repeat it again.

who would have thought/bet/believed that :SVK best sport in Paris 2024 can be very possibly wrestling ? probably nobody, including me :p

Last wrestler in SVK colours was Musulbes in Beijing 08 where he won also the only SVK wrestling olympic medal since the independence, but after his retirement, the sport has just completely died here

That super-ambitious #missionParis2024 project of our Wrestling federation which started a couple of years ago to have 3-4 athletes at the Paris Olympics and win there a medal really looked overly ambitious, slash unrealistic ,double slash utopic, triple slash hilarious, but since last cca 3 years one has to notice that they indeed were going full speed into their goal direction,

already that SVK return to the Games with Makoev qualification to Tokyo last year was a first a bit timid sign of change, let see how far they can take that dream

On 9/15/2022 at 8:22 PM, MHSN said:

looking forward for Yazdani/Taylor tomorrow, but I expect another disappointment.

Yep :cry: this time it wasn't even close. Taylor had a great plan and it worked well for him

I think we are going to finish the tournament with lots of silver and bronze medals but with no gold. Ghasempour is probably our last chance tomorrow

On 9/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, MHSN said:

oh well, apparently this is not suppose to be our tournament. our freestyle received the first shock during the draw . one of our best gold medal chances got ISR in the first round :cry::cry: the team title is already gone. that was a big gift for USA

this one is hard to swallow. even more than all those Greco-Roman losses :(

unreal. I hope the UWW doesn't do what the IJF did for the sake of the athletes.

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

unreal. I hope the UWW doesn't do what the IJF did for the sake of the athletes.

well I don't think so

1) after banning Russian athletes for no reason (I mean no sport-related reason) international federations are in no place to blame anybody for mixing sports with politics.

2) the guy was overweight (intentionally though) during the weight-in to get disqualified "legally", I mean there is no evidence ,  even if everybody knows the real reason but still no rules have been broken.

3) UWW needs Iran, as simple as that. (specially after losing Russia for nobody knows how long)

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

well I don't think so

1) after banning Russian athletes for no reason (I mean no sport-related reason) international federations are in no place to blame anybody for mixing sports with politics.

2) the guy was overweight (intentionally though) during the weight-in to get disqualified "legally", I mean there is no evidence ,  even if everybody knows the real reason but still no rules have been broken.

3) UWW needs Iran, as simple as that. (specially after losing Russia for nobody knows how long)

1) Fully agree. 

2) Smart.

3) Fully agree. 

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

1) Fully agree. 

2) Smart.

3) Fully agree. 

yeah, I mean the whole thing is extremely stupid to make millions of funny excuses to avoid someone, mixing sports with politics etc

but that was smart (despite still being extremely stupid at the same time)